NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 19:40

Diamond Dog wrote:Sorry... £85 not $85....


That's still in the ballpark for a fair to good seat for Warriors games. I did a quick look at a ticket site and it's between $650 and $850 for a Tues night game for great to good seats.

I paid $45 for a good seat to a minor league game.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Jan 2018, 20:22

Apples and oranges though - I'm on about bleacher seats to see two teams who are most definitely not the Golden State Warriors. How much would a ticket cost for a Boston v Philly game with similar seats?
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 22:00

Diamond Dog wrote:Apples and oranges though - I'm on about bleacher seats to see two teams who are most definitely not the Golden State Warriors. How much would a ticket cost for a Boston v Philly game with similar seats?


$380 for great seats, $200 for good seats and almost $100 for at the top of the arena.

Parking can be almost $25 nowadays and you'll be paying anywhere from $15 to $18 for a beer.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22190
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 19 Jan 2018, 06:20

StubHub can be your friend.

Now that everyone at ESPN is in a tizzy about Brady's right hand, does it make a Jags-upset even possible now?
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Jan 2018, 08:11

never/ever wrote:Now that everyone at ESPN is in a tizzy about Brady's right hand, does it make a Jags-upset even possible now?


I'm always amazed that the media continue to fall for The Pats "Big Star in injury scare week of big game" scam.... I think people must have forgotten why - every single damn week of the year- New England has the longest declared injury list in the whole of the NFL - that being they were fined a few years back for not declaring a very minor injury to one of their stars and from that week onwards have listed every possible injury (no matter how ridiculous or small) so as to make point of how silly the whole system is anyway.

Anything fancy a wager that Brady suits up and plays all 60 minutes - or at least until they can afford to rest him?
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 14:15

never/ever wrote:StubHub can be your friend.


I got those prices off of stubhub.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 14:16

Diamond Dog wrote:Anything fancy a wager that Brady suits up and plays all 60 minutes - or at least until they can afford to rest him?


What's their option, Brian Hoyer?

They got rid of Brissett and Garoppolo. I bet now they're sorry.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 14:19

Working with a lot of people from Minnesota, they seemed a lot more surprised they won that game than happy. :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 14:59

The Great Defector wrote:Working with a lot of people from Minnesota, they seemed a lot more surprised they won that game than happy. :lol:


It was a toss up so I wonder why.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 14:59

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Working with a lot of people from Minnesota, they seemed a lot more surprised they won that game than happy. :lol:


It was a toss up so I wonder why.


I'm just ripping them saying they cheated even though it was good call.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 15:14

On another note, Bryce Love of Stanford, who finished second for the Heisman, is sticking around for his senior year.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Jan 2018, 16:01

sloopjohnc wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Anything fancy a wager that Brady suits up and plays all 60 minutes - or at least until they can afford to rest him?


What's their option, Brian Hoyer?

They got rid of Brissett and Garoppolo. I bet now they're sorry.


I bet they aren't, as regards this 'injury'. It's bollocks.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 16:23

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Anything fancy a wager that Brady suits up and plays all 60 minutes - or at least until they can afford to rest him?


What's their option, Brian Hoyer?

They got rid of Brissett and Garoppolo. I bet now they're sorry.


I bet they aren't, as regards this 'injury'. It's bollocks.


I agree, but what if it isn't? Brady wore gloves, first time ever, in practice yesterday.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Jan 2018, 08:20

It must have been cold.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Jan 2018, 12:41

Actually just seen Brady & Bellichick's press conference yesterday... maybe he is a proper doubt!
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65843
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2018, 17:32

In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22190
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 21 Jan 2018, 19:38

Tom Thumb to play....

OK, Pats by plenty
Vikes by a bit.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jan 2018, 20:01

Suppose I have to support the "Viks" tonight because of my co workers. Hope there's loads of tries.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15332
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Loki » 21 Jan 2018, 22:54

GO JA.....




Oh.
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jan 2018, 00:16

Loki wrote:GO JA.....




Oh.


:lol:

The league and network who's broadcasting are still wiping away the sweat that NE won. They won't care who the opponent is - Minnesota and Philly are both longtime established NFC teams.

The Viking/Chiefs are the first Super Bowl I remember.