NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Jumper K

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Jumper K » 04 Feb 2019, 08:04

For the punting purists like myself it was a joy to watch.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Feb 2019, 09:03

"They did a great job. It was a great game plan, and no other way to say it but I got outcoached tonight."

Well that's the one and only thing you got right last night, Sean McVay. :D
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 04 Feb 2019, 15:56

Worst Superbowl (not too mention lowest-scoring) ever.

An entire game without a single touchdown?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 04 Feb 2019, 16:14

The only chatter I've seen on daytime TV here is about Brady kissing Kraft on the mouth.
Must be a different view surely than his ass.....

Glad i didn't watch the game and whatever went on for halftime entertainment.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Feb 2019, 17:31

Matt Wilson wrote:Worst Superbowl (not too mention lowest-scoring) ever.

An entire game without a single touchdown?

Besides the Sony Michel run for a TD in the final quarter, Matt?
Cocaine

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 04 Feb 2019, 18:57

I was talking about the Rams.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 04 Feb 2019, 19:30

Matt Wilson wrote:Worst Superbowl (not too mention lowest-scoring) ever.

Best quote I read about the game: “Both teams played like they knew the winner was going to be visiting the White House.”
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 04 Feb 2019, 20:15

I enjoyed the defensive slugathon. It was brutal.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Feb 2019, 21:01

Goat Boy wrote:I enjoyed the defensive slugathon. It was brutal.

Two utterly brilliant defensive plans.

Who'd have thought the Rams would make the Superbowl and be let down by their previously wondrous offence, whilst their much maligned defence plays virtual lights out football?

I wonder if all those teams who recruited their version of "the next Sean McVay" are wishing they'd tried to find "the new Bill Bellichick/Josh McDaniels/Brian Flores" instead (well, Miami actually did...)?
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2019, 19:42

BREAKING: Colin Kaepernick Withdraws Lawsuit Against The NFL In Return For Financial Sum

In a stunning decision, quarterback Colin Kaepernick and safety Eric Reid have reached a financial settlement with the NFL to withdraw their joint collusion complaints against the league and will take no further action in the case. While sources declined to offer specifics for the decision, Yahoo Sports was told on prior occasions that Kaepernick and Reid would only withdraw the complaint if a lucrative financial settlement was reached between the players and the NFL.

The league and Kaepernick’s attorneys released a statement Friday saying the matter had been resolved confidentially. As part of that confidentiality, it is believed both sides signed a non-disclosure agreement agreeing not to speak publicly about details of the case or settlement.

“For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL,” the statement said. “As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party.”

The agreement comes on the doorstep of the final hearing in the Kaepernick case, which was set to take place before arbitrator Stephen Burbank this month. Kaepernick had alleged the league conspired to keep him out after he began kneeling during the national anthem in 2016. Multiple NFL players adopted Kaepernick’s protest in 2017, hoping to draw attention to social justice and racial inequality issues. The actions sparked a political firestorm from President Donald Trump and the furor became such a central issue for the league for nearly one year that it instituted a rule that banned protests during the national anthem. That rule has since been shelved by the NFL and now appears to be dead, for all intents and purposes.

The NFLPA also released a statement Friday, supporting the settlement between the league and players.

“Today, we were informed by the NFL of the settlement of the Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid collusion cases,” the NFLPA said. “We are not privy to the details of the settlement, but support the decision by the players and their counsel. We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its clubs did to them. We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract [from the Carolina Panthers], and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well.”
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 15 Feb 2019, 20:04

I’m not sure how I feel about this but it doesn’t matter what I feel. I’m a big supporter of Kap and he obviously felt that what was offered was sufficient recompense for his appalling treatment. I suspect most of it will go to his charitable work.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2019, 20:11

Jumper K wrote:I’m not sure how I feel about this but it doesn’t matter what I feel. I’m a big supporter of Kap and he obviously felt that what was offered was sufficient recompense for his appalling treatment. I suspect most of it will go to his charitable work.

Absolutely. Fuck the NFL. They've as much as conceded they operated a closed shop against Kap for him having the temerity to express his political opinions. "The land of the free.....and the home of the brave".
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Feb 2019, 06:16

I see the latest Antonio Brown home made advert..... he must be getting very close to some kind of action by the Steelers. He's still got three years on his contract and he's openly telling other clubs to come and get him - and give him guaranteed money?
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Feb 2019, 18:49

Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 15 Mar 2019, 07:35

An extraordinary movement of great players this trading season. And surprised Eli is staying put.

Still find it hard to believe the three Bs won't play together in Pittsburgh.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Mar 2019, 09:05

never/ever wrote:An extraordinary movement of great players this trading season. And surprised Eli is staying put.

Still find it hard to believe the three Bs won't play together in Pittsburgh.

I think both Bell & Brown had truly run their course in Pittsburgh. It's absolutely clear that Brown and Roethlisberger had a major disagreement. Bell I think was purely money based, and centred around the Steelers being unwilling to grant a 27 year old RB (with both injury and discipline issues) the kind of increase he was asking for. Brown, it appears, thought he could get the Steelers to renegotiate a contract he'd only inked recently, to get guaranteed money. That was never going to happen at that club - especially to a 31 year old wideout.

I think the Steelers have taken a real chance though banking everything on a 37 year old QB who is brilliant at best, but wildly erratic nearly as frequently these days.

The Odell Beckham Jnr trade to Cleveland is really exciting. The Browns are on the verge of something very significant with a very young, hungry squad and now a top notch WR to complement the most dynamic rookie QB of last year. If they can just hold it together for the season - and the new coach proves to be up to the task- they may just be a serious contender this year. However, this is Cleveland.....
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 15 Mar 2019, 09:28

It's remarkable though, the turnaround ....once the Browns were considered to be a team where your career died in an instant, now it's viewed as one of the most exciting teams of the league.
But the finish to their season proves they have got mettle and now, with a few more pieces of the puzzle in place, really look forward to watching them.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Mar 2019, 10:28

As re NYG, maybe they are looking to use their 6th or 17th pick in the draft to find Eli's replacement? Lots of decent QB's available this year.
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 17 Mar 2019, 09:16

Diamond Dog wrote:As re NYG, maybe they are looking to use their 6th or 17th pick in the draft to find Eli's replacement? Lots of decent QB's available this year.

I disagree Pete. I think the QB class is moderate at best. I'm not convinced about Murray. Haskins has the tools but decision making is poor. Lock and Jones have the arm but deficiencies elsewhere, not least in being a leader. I'd like us to take Finlay and sit him behind 17 for a season or 2.
Having said that its a QB league and 6 will probably go in the first round :lol:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Mar 2019, 13:47

Jumper K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:As re NYG, maybe they are looking to use their 6th or 17th pick in the draft to find Eli's replacement? Lots of decent QB's available this year.

I disagree Pete. I think the QB class is moderate at best. I'm not convinced about Murray. Haskins has the tools but decision making is poor. Lock and Jones have the arm but deficiencies elsewhere, not least in being a leader. I'd like us to take Finlay and sit him behind 17 for a season or 2.
Having said that its a QB league and 6 will probably go in the first round :lol:

No you're right Frank - what I meant to say was 'highly touted' QB's available... they all have question marks. I'm pretty sure the Giants will look to get a replacement for Eli through the draft, rather than trade/free agency. Those routes for QB's at present are insanely expensive.

I see at least 4 QB's going in the first - but it may well get to 6. As you say, the passing game is everything (despite the Superbowl).
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”