NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Oct 2018, 06:02

The Chiefs overcame a real test yesterday, in the much vaunted Jacksonville D, and actually got a great game out of their own D into the bargain. Bortles was woeful - I don;t see how the Jags can really progress with him at the helm, I'm afraid.

The Rams dodged a bullet in Seattle too - so both sides still unbeaten after 5 games.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 08 Oct 2018, 11:50

I am secretly enjoying the success of the Browns.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Oct 2018, 12:39

never/ever wrote:I am secretly enjoying the success of the Browns.

Yes - not so secretly either. They could quite easily be 4-1 (or even 5-0 actually). Which is an incredible turnaround. Mayfield may finally be the franchise QB they've been after for, oh, 30+ years.....
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Oct 2018, 15:50

I've just watched the Texans v Cowboys - smash mouth football at it's very best. Brilliant D by both sides. Have to say though, Jason Garrett has been a long running "wtf" for me and the call not to go for that 4th & 1 in overtime ranks pretty high up on the "WTF-O-Meter".
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 16:14

You guys get the shitty Raiders and crappy Seahawks this week.

Ha, ha.

Hopefully, Marshawn will do something amusing.

I bet people attending the game will say, "How come the Raiders don't run Marshawn more and throw to Amari Cooper?"
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Oct 2018, 11:52

We went to the first of three NFL Wembley games yesterday - let's hope the football and weather improve for the next two.

A dire game which the Seahawks won in a canter without playing particularly well.

If that's how good the Raiders stay, they are in for a long, long season. Insipid and uninspired throughout - no run or pass game on offence, no attempt to protect Derek Carr either. Their D tried but was overmanned in key positions and possessed zero pass rush. I think I understand why Gruden traded Khalil Mack but they are paying an incredibly heavy price at the moment. Oh, and their Special Teams were garbage too. Not pretty, not pretty at all.
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Oct 2018, 16:49

Diamond Dog wrote:We went to the first of three NFL Wembley games yesterday - let's hope the football and weather improve for the next two.

A dire game which the Seahawks won in a canter without playing particularly well.

If that's how good the Raiders stay, they are in for a long, long season. Insipid and uninspired throughout - no run or pass game on offence, no attempt to protect Derek Carr either. Their D tried but was overmanned in key positions and possessed zero pass rush. I think I understand why Gruden traded Khalil Mack but they are paying an incredibly heavy price at the moment. Oh, and their Special Teams were garbage too. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

I turned on the game near the half. The Raiders suck so bad. Now, there's talk that Gruden wants to trade Amari Cooper and safety, Karl Joseph.

He's taking it down to the foundation.

Just two years ago, they were 12-4. I think you put money on them after that season to make the Super Bowl as an outside bet, didn't you Pete?

I would've too.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Oct 2018, 19:34

sloopjohnc wrote:
Just two years ago, they were 12-4. I think you put money on them after that season to make the Super Bowl as an outside bet, didn't you Pete?

I would've too.

I did and never got a run for my money. The deterioration has been dramatic but maybe that was just a one season fluke. All i know was that yesterday they were pitiful - outplayed in every single department, from start to finish.

I think Gruden is looking to go 1-15, get next years first pick + the one from Chicago... and then do the same again for 2020, so they walk into their new stadium in Las Vegas in September 2020 with a bright new side, on the up.

Hell of a gamble though.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Oct 2018, 19:42

http://dailysnark.com/raiders-fans-have ... act-is-up/

A far cry from the hysteria that swept Oakland following the signing of one of the most highly touted football coaches in history, Raiders fans have already turned on Gruden.

As if we needed proof of such, fans have already created a website counting down the seconds until his 10-year contract worth $100 million expires.

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

lol
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 15 Oct 2018, 20:42

I thought the atmosphere was good, largely made by Hawks fans. The game was a boring blow out. I felt sorry for Carr as the Dog and I could’ve padded up and given him more protection. Wilson is one of the finest QBs playing. Roll on the Boltz next week. We are picking up despite the usual injury crisis.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Oct 2018, 21:09

Diamond Dog wrote:http://dailysnark.com/raiders-fans-have-already-created-website-counting-down-the-seconds-until-jon-grudens-contract-is-up/

A far cry from the hysteria that swept Oakland following the signing of one of the most highly touted football coaches in history, Raiders fans have already turned on Gruden.

As if we needed proof of such, fans have already created a website counting down the seconds until his 10-year contract worth $100 million expires.

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

lol

Oh, I live in prime Raiders territory - East Bay, 20 minutes from the stadium.. Raiders fans were overjoyed Del Rio got dumped for Gruden. I was always, "Be careful what you wish for."

Coaches coming back, like Noll in Pittsburgh, or Gibbs in Washington, have not fared well.

I think Gruden is doing exactly what you say, Pete. Tearing down to build up - but he was not that great at drafting in Tampa Bay, so we shall see.

It's too bad. My dad was a huge Raiders fan, and have probably gone to more Raiders games than Niners games. It's a proud franchise with a rich tradition and to see it being used like this, is sad.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Oct 2018, 16:23

Rodgers was unbelievably great last night in last 1:07 of game, but the Niners played well, which is all I ask nowadays. Good game.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Oct 2018, 18:40

sloopjohnc wrote:Rodgers was unbelievably great last night in last 1:07 of game, but the Niners played well, which is all I ask nowadays. Good game.

He was but fuck knows what the 49ers corners were playing at. To allow three consecutive guys to catch and get out of bounds was unforgivable.
Cocaine

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 16 Oct 2018, 21:41

sloopjohnc wrote:Rodgers was unbelievably great last night in last 1:07 of game, but the Niners played well, which is all I ask nowadays. Good game.

yes another amazing Rodgers.
although he wasn't good enough, I needed that last pass to win my draft kings poll (lost by two points) :x

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Oct 2018, 22:07

Diamond Dog wrote:

He was but fuck knows what the 49ers corners were playing at. To allow three consecutive guys to catch and get out of bounds was unforgivable.

Their whole secondary is patchwork. They've lost two safeties and a starting corner.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Oct 2018, 11:58

Just off to Wembley for the Chargers/Titans game. Could be a very interesting match up - twith Melvin Gordon apparently doubtful,the Titans D may just get back on course.....

I see Gronk isn't travelling to Chicago later and Mack is fit. I think The Bears may spring the surprise of the day.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Oct 2018, 06:25

Diamond Dog wrote:Just off to Wembley for the Chargers/Titans game. Could be a very interesting match up - twith Melvin Gordon apparently doubtful,the Titans D may just get back on course.....

I see Gronk isn't travelling to Chicago later and Mack is fit. I think The Bears may spring the surprise of the day.

Well wrong twice but close....

The Titans/Chargers finish was unbelievable... to go for a two point connversion to win once was admirable, but to have a penalty called and go for it again... fair play to Mike Vrabel... ballsy.... but, if they fail to qualify for the platoffs by less than a game, some are going to be asking questions....
Great game to watch live - really good atmosphere too.
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Oct 2018, 19:13

Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Just off to Wembley for the Chargers/Titans game. Could be a very interesting match up - twith Melvin Gordon apparently doubtful,the Titans D may just get back on course.....

Well wrong twice but close....

The Titans/Chargers finish was unbelievable... to go for a two point connversion to win once was admirable, but to have a penalty called and go for it again... fair play to Mike Vrabel... ballsy.... but, if they fail to qualify for the platoffs by less than a game, some are going to be asking questions....

He may very well regret that decision. It's a big topic of Monday morning quarterbacking.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 22 Oct 2018, 19:39

Real nail-biting stuff at Wembley. Thought we'd blown it, which by all laws known to man we should have. Great to see so many Bolts fans (last week I counted about 5 Chargers jerseys in total). Met some lovely people over from Tennessee. The game itself was pretty average. Marietta looked impressive in the short passing game/scrambling. Both D's stood up to the plate. If Rivers goes down we are truly shagged.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Oct 2018, 05:51

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I would've too.

I did and never got a run for my money. The deterioration has been dramatic but maybe that was just a one season fluke. All i know was that yesterday they were pitiful - outplayed in every single department, from start to finish.

I think Gruden is looking to go 1-15, get next years first pick + the one from Chicago... and then do the same again for 2020, so they walk into their new stadium in Las Vegas in September 2020 with a bright new side, on the up.

Hell of a gamble though.

Amari Cooper traded to Dallas for another first round pick next year.....
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”