NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
never/ever

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2018, 22:05

Tight game so far between Clemson and Notre Dame... certainly the Irish defense is giving Lawrence headaches.

Still should be Clemson's for the taking.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 09:09

Stayed up to watch the Bears manhandle the Vikes and seal their exit from the playoffs. I'm afraid Kirk Cousins is looking likely a lousy investment at $84 million guaranteed over three years.

The Titans yet again got crunched by the Colts and didn't make the playoffs either- Luck has never lost to Tennessee apparently.

Pittsburgh also don't make the playoffs - they may be the most talented team to fail to get to post season in my memory. There have to be serious questions how a roster that gifted can't even get a wildcard spot.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Dec 2018, 09:30

I'm still shaking my head why Pittsburgh didn't get on terms with Le'Veon Bell- despite Conner's great season, Bell is a difference maker of another caliber. And they certainly didn't deserve to be in the play-offs viewing the whole of the season which was inconsistent throughout. It is a shame, I like Ben and Smith-Schuster as a combo but compared to other teams who have been able to revive their season and stay consistent (Ravens, Colts) there was not enough there to see them go all the way there.

Regarding the Titans- any team that has to rely on Blaine fucking Gabbert to save their season needs their heads examined.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 09:48

Patrick Mahones throwing his 50th TD in his first season as a starter... that's an absolutely unbelievable achievement. Tied second most ever (along with Brady) and bettered only by Peyton Manning's 55 in 2013.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 09:56

Did anyone else catch the crazy rumour that The Raiders have looked at playing their complete home season in London next year? Due to the fallout with the city of Oakland, and their Las Vegas stadium not being ready until 2020, the Raiders are pretty much homeless next season. It seems there has been serious groundwork on whether an 8 game 'home' season could be set up in London for them - apparently some other NFL owners would love to see how it works as a trial, for the real thing being discussed in five years (or so) time. I can't see it happening but the fact it is even being discussed seriously bodes very well for the dream of UK NFL fans of a franchise for London in the foreseeable future.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Dec 2018, 10:15

Diamond Dog wrote:Patrick Mahones throwing his 50th TD in his first season as a starter... that's an absolutely unbelievable achievement. Tied second most ever (along with Brady) and bettered only by Peyton Manning's 55 in 2013.

I so hope that either the Rams or the Chiefs make the big dance....terrifically entertaining teams.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 11:47

never/ever wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Patrick Mahones throwing his 50th TD in his first season as a starter... that's an absolutely unbelievable achievement. Tied second most ever (along with Brady) and bettered only by Peyton Manning's 55 in 2013.

I so hope that either the Rams or the Chiefs make the big dance....terrifically entertaining teams.

The Rams D is cause for serious concern - they are brilliant with the ball but their D has never got close to the level one should expect with the talent available. Donald has had a remarkable season though and may just be able to do enough in the playoffs to mask the deficiencies elsewhere on that side of the ball. The O is almost a throwback coming out of the same set time and time again - it's incredibly subtle, yet efficient. I hope Gurley returns a revived man after his three week rest and fires them to even greater heights.

The Chiefs are brilliant to watch and have weathered losing Hunt so well. I do worry about Andy Reid and the issues he seems to have under pressure - particularly time management- and feel that may just be their undoing in the playoffs somewhere - but I'd love to see a rematch of the Rams/Chiefs regular season match in the Superbowl!

I think it's quite open with a few of the more fancied teams not playing particularly brilliantly recently and some of the less heralded teams really coming into their own in the past month or so.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Jan 2019, 11:50

Coaches out - Gase at Miami, Lewis at Bengals, Bowles at Jets, Joseph at Broncos, Koetter at Buccs and Wilks at Cardinals. Along with McCarthy (Packers) and Jackson (Browns) already gone, that's a quarter of the Head Coaches out of their jobs this season. About par for the course I think.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 03 Jan 2019, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 03 Jan 2019, 17:32

Diamond Dog wrote:Did anyone else catch the crazy rumour that The Raiders have looked at playing their complete home season in London next year? Due to the fallout with the city of Oakland, and their Las Vegas stadium not being ready until 2020, the Raiders are pretty much homeless next season. It seems there has been serious groundwork on whether an 8 game 'home' season could be set up in London for them - apparently some other NFL owners would love to see how it works as a trial, for the real thing being discussed in five years (or so) time. I can't see it happening but the fact it is even being discussed seriously bodes very well for the dream of UK NFL fans of a franchise for London in the foreseeable future.

Looks like Spurs are in talks about the possibility of a groundshare. If they can build it in time. :roll:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Jan 2019, 19:28

Jumper K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Did anyone else catch the crazy rumour that The Raiders have looked at playing their complete home season in London next year? Due to the fallout with the city of Oakland, and their Las Vegas stadium not being ready until 2020, the Raiders are pretty much homeless next season. It seems there has been serious groundwork on whether an 8 game 'home' season could be set up in London for them - apparently some other NFL owners would love to see how it works as a trial, for the real thing being discussed in five years (or so) time. I can't see it happening but the fact it is even being discussed seriously bodes very well for the dream of UK NFL fans of a franchise for London in the foreseeable future.

Looks like Spurs are in talks about the possibility of a groundshare. If they can build it in time. :roll:

You know... that makes alot of sense.. extra revenue for Spurs, the Raiders at least get used to one 'home ground' (admittedly 12 hours from where they all live), and the UK fans & NFL get to see how a franchise would operate (and iron out a lot of the bugs too).
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 03 Jan 2019, 20:33

It would be good trial. I wonder what Shad Khan thinks after investing quite a lot in the London series? With the best will in the world I couldn't countenance supporting the Raiders.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2019, 09:35

Jumper K wrote:It would be good trial. I wonder what Shad Khan thinks after investing quite a lot in the London series? With the best will in the world I couldn't countenance supporting the Raiders.

As a Chargers fan, that's understandable :lol:

It would be interesting if only to see how they iron out the 'off the field' stuff like travel/fanbase/possible tax implementations etc etc.

Onto Wildcard Weekend :

I think we have four potential top notch clashes... it's very easy to make a case for all teams. However..

I think the Colts may spring a surprise in Houston.
I also think Dallas may surprise everyone and actually beat Seattle at home ;)
The Chargers at Baltimore could be an absolute grindfest..... I just fancy the Ravens but this may be the tightest of all four ties.
I'm getting a nagging feeling about Nick Foles and the Eagles..... I think Chicago's homefield advantage may just be enough, but it's likely to be tight too.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Jan 2019, 11:17

Seattle have trouble stopping the run and Elliott was resting last week....expecting a big game from him.
However, I would take Wilson over Prescott as the impact QB for their teams. It's a tough one to call.

I really can't see Chicago being beaten unless they make some horrible decisions defensively.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2019, 11:46

never/ever wrote:I really can't see Chicago being beaten unless they make some horrible decisions defensively.

I worry about Trebisky against against the Eagles D.... I think he's very vulnerable if he has to start throwing, and not running, when improvising.
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 05 Jan 2019, 19:39

I have a sneaky feeling about the Texans. Although I’ve got a score on the Rams to win it all I’ve covered it with the same on Houston.
Cowboys will grind out a win at home but it won’t be pretty.
Chargers to blow out the Ravens by 3 scores. Err probably the other way round.
Eagles at the Bears is going to be the best game of the weekend. I’d love the Eagles to win but the Bears D will win it for them.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 06 Jan 2019, 08:14

The Colts looked fantastic. That offensive line are probably the best in football. The much vaunted pass rush was largely nullified and Luck was allowed to do pretty much as he pleased. Kansas City up next for them. They have a chance.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 06 Jan 2019, 09:59

It's crazy how much time Luck has to tee off against teams. Rodgers must be looking at that and wishing that he could have an OL like that.

I'm just completely befuddled how the Seahawks lost that game. With so many times getting the run stuffed, I was hoping to see Wilson unleashed more during the second half, especially after they were humiliated offensively during the first half. Baldwin's brilliance at that 4th down completion just proved it needed to go back to these established combinations. Just weird to see Carson being allowed to run into a wall and swallow up important downs- 2 for 13 in third down conversions was the best the Cowboys defense allowed all season.
Dallas played really well though. Great to see Prescott get some important yards on the ground and make big plays in the red zone. He was huge today.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2019, 10:43

That Colts O Line is right up there with the very best in the past few years- Luck was given such a clean pocket, he couldn't fail to rip the secondary to pieces. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks they will be really looking forward to the Chiefs secondary next week.

The Seattle/Dallas game was exactly as envisaged - two grind them up and spit them out offences, tough D's and mobile QB's to create some unplanned magic. I don;t see Dallas progressing beyond the next round though - they are limited and I'd fancy the Rams, Bears or Philly against them.

I had a little dabble - all four road teams with the points in doubles, trebles and a four timer... obviously Indy won, and the Seattle line was 2.5 points (phew)..... so I need the Chargers (+2.5 pts) and Eagles (+6.5 - which I think is huge) to get me through and I collect around £130 for about £20 invested. Which would be nice.....
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2019, 19:51

The chargers are manhandling the ravens at the moment.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2019, 20:31

Well that was justice.... An unbelievable blown call by the officials on the watt catch..and then how they move it back a yard I've no idea.... so the TD to Williams was more than justified. Come on chargers!
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”