"Sky Sports Understands...."

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby The Modernist » 02 Sep 2017, 00:24

Disgraceful from Arsenal. What a joke we are becoming.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Sep 2017, 12:40

£183 million for Coutinho?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41134630

Liverpool are either seriously deluded or that was their 'go fuck yourself' price.

I wonder which one?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Jan 2018, 14:50

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11196024/liverpools-emre-can-reaches-agreement-to-join-juventus-in-the-summer

Liverpool's Emre Can reaches agreement in principle to join Juventus in the summer

Sad to see as I like him, but pretty much assured of champions league football and always being in the running for the title. Suppose you can't blame him.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Jan 2018, 16:00

German Dave wrote:Barkley has stitched his boyhood club up to the tune of £20M. I hope he brings some earplugs and a nappy with him when he returns to Goodison.

Only 20m? Youse got robbed, seriously robbed. Drinkwater was 35 million. When he has his head right, Barkley can be one of the best around.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 05 Jan 2018, 16:13

German Dave wrote:Barkley has stitched his boyhood club up to the tune of £20M. I hope he brings some earplugs and a nappy with him when he returns to Goodison.

What, you think many will turn up to watch reserve games just to have a pop at him?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 06 Jan 2018, 18:54

And Coutinho moves for £140 million
Mahrez to Anfield?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Jan 2018, 12:30

Ross Barkley transfer referred to police by Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-42626014

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Jan 2018, 22:10

Cocaine

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Jan 2018, 07:19

Yep, that’s pretty good. The notion that a player’s value goes down if he doesn’t want to play for the club he’s at is particularly good.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Jan 2018, 18:02

It seems Sanchez is heading for Man Utd.
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 17 Jan 2018, 18:12

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Jan 2018, 14:01

So who won the war between Arsenal and Utd? Who came off better. I think Arsenal came off better. Surround Giroud with Ozil and Mkhitaryan, with wilshere pulling the strings behind them, I think that do them for the rest of the season. With Sanchez coming and mourinho preferring more established players, if I were Rashford, i'd be looking for another club.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Jan 2018, 14:11

United have a strong attacking line up augmented by a genuinely world-class player when he's at his best.

Arsenal have lost their best player. Your argument is based on hypothetical situations.

Mkhitaryan could be a great player for Arsenal, I don't doubt that. Given that Mourinho dismissed De Bruyne's credentials when he was at Chelsea, it could be argued that Mourinho has a blind spot in terms of some players. But losing their best player and potentially Ozil in the summer diminishes Arsenal's reputation as a club to go to for other players.

There is no doubt that Wenger's ability to spot genuinely great players for virtually nothing went a long time ago. And I can't see Arsenal, in light of losing Sanchez, finishing in the Top 4 unless they go on a roll of form that they've not shown for at least a year or so. Another season without Champions' League football and talk of permanent decline might gather.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Jan 2018, 14:56

Toby wrote:United have a strong attacking line up augmented by a genuinely world-class player when he's at his best.

Arsenal have lost their best player. Your argument is based on hypothetical situations.

Well yes, that's why I asked people's opinions, to see how they think it will fare out.

Toby wrote:Mkhitaryan could be a great player for Arsenal, I don't doubt that. Given that Mourinho dismissed De Bruyne's credentials when he was at Chelsea, it could be argued that Mourinho has a blind spot in terms of some players. But losing their best player and potentially Ozil in the summer diminishes Arsenal's reputation as a club to go to for other players.

There is no doubt that Wenger's ability to spot genuinely great players for virtually nothing went a long time ago. And I can't see Arsenal, in light of losing Sanchez, finishing in the Top 4 unless they go on a roll of form that they've not shown for at least a year or so. Another season without Champions' League football and talk of permanent decline might gather.

I don't think they'll get 4th but I think it will be a lot closer than people think with them.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Jan 2018, 15:16

Man Utd got a player who could be sensational for them - but the cost (wage wise) is astronomical. He's basically converted his transfer fee into wages.... maybe this is the way of the future.... I think Man Utd are risking a massive amount on a 29 year old who, quite clearly, can be an issue in the dressing room. And whilst they can justify Sanchez's wages to themselves, I think they'll have great fun when the other star players contracts are up.....

Arsenal have done as well as they could, given that they let themselves get into this ridiculous position in the first place. In today's market what good would £25 million (the likely fee for Sanchez) have done them? They certainly couldn't have got a player of anything like Mikhitaryan's stature for that money.
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jan 2018, 14:19

Anyone think there'll be any big shock transfer or loans before the finish.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2018, 15:14

Ozil re-signing is a big surprise.
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jan 2018, 15:28

350 grand a week for that cunt.

What a world
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 04 Jan 2019, 17:18

Diamond Dog wrote:
PENK wrote:Jermain Defoe is set to join Bournemouth and earn £20m over three years. Now he's obviously done well at Sunderland but that means Bournemouth still be paying him £100k a week when he's 37.

Even at £20 million exactly it's about £128k per week.... nice work if you can get it.

So that was £287,000 per appearance or £2,368,000 per goal, then.

And the rest of the country is going to food banks.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2019, 08:19

PENK wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
PENK wrote:Jermain Defoe is set to join Bournemouth and earn £20m over three years. Now he's obviously done well at Sunderland but that means Bournemouth still be paying him £100k a week when he's 37.

Even at £20 million exactly it's about £128k per week.... nice work if you can get it.

So that was £287,000 per appearance or £2,368,000 per goal, then.

And the rest of the country is going to food banks.

It's no wonder he wants to carry on, is it?
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”