The Manchester City Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Tomahawk Kid

Re: The Manchester City Thread

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 07 Apr 2018, 22:01

I just about remember the Mike Doyle/Nobby Stiles era derbies of old, now they were tough games :lol:

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 08 Apr 2018, 00:53

K wrote:
K wrote:"Sterling makes wrong decision"

Will he ever learn?

He's scored loads of goals this season, but he's a liability too. This game should be done and dusted, but he misses 3 or 4 barn doors a game.

For me he's an obvious candidate who City could upgrade on and be even better next season. Sterling will never be world class.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 08 Apr 2018, 10:14

The Modernist wrote:
K wrote:
K wrote:"Sterling makes wrong decision"

Will he ever learn?

He's scored loads of goals this season, but he's a liability too. This game should be done and dusted, but he misses 3 or 4 barn doors a game.

For me he's an obvious candidate who City could upgrade on and be even better next season. Sterling will never be world class.

You're right, although it shows how ludicrous football has become when we need to upgrade a player who cost £49m. But by god he fucks up on a regular basis, and at important points too.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

Tomahawk Kid

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 08 Apr 2018, 12:35

K wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
K wrote:

You're right, although it shows how ludicrous football has become when we need to upgrade a player who cost £49m. But by god he fucks up on a regular basis, and at important points too.

Agreed, City should have been at least 4 goals ahead at half time and the great comeback would never have happened. Thankfully the chances fell to Sterling :lol:

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Apr 2018, 12:51

Let's face it, their problem (if they have one) isn't going forward. It's that, when actually asked to, they can't defend. People keep telling me Ottamendi has been a revelation this season - he certainly didn't look it yesterday, particularly when Pogba ambled past him and he just stood there, ball watching and invited him in on his blindside for his second goal.
1-800-288-8372

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2018, 15:09

Ederson's passing papers over the fact when it comes to the nitty gritty of being a keeper, he's shite.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 08 Apr 2018, 16:59

Dr Markus wrote:Ederson's passing papers over the fact when it comes to the nitty gritty of being a keeper, he's shite.

Palpable nonsense.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2018, 17:16

Nope
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 08 Apr 2018, 18:39

Diamond Dog wrote:Let's face it, their problem (if they have one) isn't going forward. It's that, when actually asked to, they can't defend. People keep telling me Ottamendi has been a revelation this season - he certainly didn't look it yesterday, particularly when Pogba ambled past him and he just stood there, ball watching and invited him in on his blindside for his second goal.

Ottamendi has improved this season, without doubt. Not a revelation. The back line seems more secure in front of Ederson (ignore the wild ramblings of Markus) but I can't disagree. All season our centre backs, especially, have been a concern. We've usually just blown teams away and they're too stunned to respond.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 09 Apr 2018, 00:01

Dr Markus wrote:Ederson's passing papers over the fact when it comes to the nitty gritty of being a keeper, he's shite.

Hardly "shite", I think most people would think he's had a very good first season for them.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Apr 2018, 06:02

Maybe City should sign Mignolet or Karius as his replacement?
1-800-288-8372

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Apr 2018, 11:49

The Modernist wrote:

Hardly "shite", I think most people would think he's had a very good first season for them.

I'd take peadar Čech over him.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 10 Apr 2018, 13:41

Diamond Dog wrote:

Maybe City should sign Mignolet or Karius as his replacement?

To be fair, they're both better keepers than Liverpool's 'Oh, calamity' defending would suggest. But of course not better than Ederson, to my mind the main reason they'll be champions this season
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 10 Apr 2018, 13:42

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 10 Apr 2018, 20:35

Christ, one of those games. Early goal, hit the post, wrongly disallowed goal (both not offside and off a Liverpool player anyway). My blood pressure is through the roof.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 06 Jun 2018, 06:30

Yaya Touré certainly comes off as a stable, well-adjusted individual, doesn’t he?
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jun 2018, 08:34

PENK wrote:Yaya Touré certainly comes off as a stable, well-adjusted individual, doesn’t he?

Just seen that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44364542

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola "often has problems with Africans", says ex-Blues midfielder Yaya Toure.

The Ivorian, who left City in May after eight years at the club, says he wants to "break the myth" about Guardiola, whom he describes as "jealous".

"Maybe we Africans are not always treated by some in the same way as others," said Toure

That's unbelievable. Toure is a whole heap of trouble - steer well clear.
1-800-288-8372

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 06 Jun 2018, 08:49

An absolute bell of a bloke. I'm sure Guardiola is very keen to be rid of him.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 06 Jun 2018, 09:47

“Yaya has received many offers from different countries, big money offers, but we have decided to devote the next season to Guardiola,” [agent] Dimitri Seluk told sport24 .

“To proving to the Manchester City fans that Yaya is not finished with football. He is full of strength and energy and wants to play in England this season.

“At a time when English clubs are spending huge sums of money on players, I officially declare that Yaya is ready to move to any top-six English club as a free agent with a salary of £1 per week. As long as a success-based bonus system is in place.”
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 06 Jun 2018, 09:49

A ”success-based bonus system”, earlier: