Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
NMB

Re: The all new Arsenal thread

Postby NMB » 10 Aug 2016, 17:07

Goat Boy wrote:
Conrad Knight Socks wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Are you for real?

Sure why not?

You say the same shit every year and every year you're wrong!

But people also say we'll drop out of the top 4 every year and every year they're wrong too. This year I'd say we're marginally more likely to win the league than we are to drop out of the top 4. Not that I'm saying we will win it but we're in with a chance.

Given that the laws of whatever-it-is mean that we can't finish below Spurs, and assuming that Leicester won't be able to repeat their miracle of last year (having lost Kante and now having Champions League matches to play) our top 4 position basically comes down to are we better than Liverpool? And over a season I think we probably are.
turn on, tune in, nod off

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Aug 2016, 17:07

Conrad Knight Socks wrote:Mainly winning matches, but with trophies and playing in Europe thrown in.

Sure, ok.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Aug 2016, 01:17

Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 22 Sep 2016, 12:26

Congratulations to Wenger on 20 years at Arsenal.

A fantastic achievement all things considered.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Sep 2016, 18:27

Wow, what the fuck happened chavski? Not complaining, I have money on Sanchez to score first and arsenal to win. Niiiioce.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Feb 2017, 13:36

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38939129

Arsene Wenger: Arsenal manager 'coming to the end', says Ian Wright

If true, a few years too late in my opinion.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Feb 2017, 08:05

Good to see Mark Clattenburg doing his bit for the "Sky 6" again this weekend...... blatant handball by Sanchez to score the first goal, and only a booking for Gibbs for just about the clearest example of "preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity" you're likely to see for many a year... well done that man, well done.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 13 Feb 2017, 10:16

That handball was pretty blatant. I couldn't believe the goal stood.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Feb 2017, 10:19

trans-chigley express wrote:That handball was pretty blatant. I couldn't believe the goal stood.

Somewhat compunded by Clattenburg openly telling the Hull players he probably should have disallowed the goal as they walked off at half time.

As he hadn't been able to see any footage of it at that point, what made him change his mind?

Unbelievable. Well, sadly not, in his case.
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Feb 2017, 19:56

It is 2017 and Arsenal have not figured out that Arjen Robben likes to cut inside onto his left and shoot.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 Feb 2017, 20:18

Still, they've got a huge away goal.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2017, 21:28

Toby wrote:Still, they've got a huge away goal.

Yes that will help. :D
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 Feb 2017, 22:04

Diamond Dog wrote:

Well, at the time of writing they looked like they could have scored again..

That's Wenger's Arsenal career over then.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Feb 2017, 08:13

Toby wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Well, at the time of writing they looked like they could have scored again..

That's Wenger's Arsenal career over then.

I was being flippant mate.

I'm not sure about the end of his career thing - but there really does appear to be a groundswell of opinion that "maybe this time, more than any other time" the moment is ripe for a change. I think finishing outside the Top 4 would be the final nail in the coffin - and, realistically, that is very possible too. I'm beginning to think that Arsenal & Liverpool may just miss out.
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2017, 10:35

It feels different to previous failures I think. This feels like it actually might be the end for Wenger. He has been overtaken by certain younger managers. Such is life.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2017, 12:55

It will be weird not seeing him on the touchlines if he does go. I kinda hope they go for Howe, because I'd be interested in how he does with a bigger team and better players.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 16 Feb 2017, 14:07

Don Howe had his chance
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Feb 2017, 15:49

The people being linked with the job seems to have gathered momentum over the last week or so.

Personally I'd be surprised if they gave it to Howe; it's a huge job and as the transition with Ferguson at United showed, you need experience to be able to steer an already sailing ship in a different direction. I guess the only difference might be that Arsenal don't strike me as a club with huge personalities like say, United. It'll be interesting to see who they go for - maybe Allegri or Tuchel. Arsenal fans I'm sure will be gutted that Unai Emery is now ensconced at PSG because he would have been a great fit. And I can't see Simeone leaving AM because that feels like a step down.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2017, 16:02

I'm just being a romantic hoping he'll get a chance. If it were Liverpool, I might not be suggesting the same thing. Of course they're gonna get a foreign manager. I wonder will wenger have any say on the next manager or be like "Fuck youse, I'm outta here mofos", but it will be in french.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Feb 2017, 16:56

Toby wrote: And I can't see Simeone leaving AM because that feels like a step down.

I'm not sure it would. But it would be quite a dramatic change in style for Arsenal.

Personally, I'd think it would be a great move for the club - a bit of steel and pragmatism seems the right recipe.
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”