The all new Arsenal thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: The all new Arsenal thread

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Mar 2018, 03:28

:shock:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 07 Mar 2018, 19:57

The Modernist wrote:There's rumours going around that the players were unhappy with the coaching drills in preparation for the Man City game which just focused on punishing fitness work, whereas they wanted more tactical and ball work.

Ties in with some of the comments made by Oxlade-Chamberlain, that a major reason for wanting him to come to Liverpool was to develop as a player and took a pay cut to do so (£60 000 a week less allegedly, though presumably the transfer fee makes a difference).

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Mar 2018, 20:05

:shock: :shock:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Mar 2018, 20:21

John aka Josh wrote:
The Modernist wrote:There's rumours going around that the players were unhappy with the coaching drills in preparation for the Man City game which just focused on punishing fitness work, whereas they wanted more tactical and ball work.

Ties in with some of the comments made by Oxlade-Chamberlain, that a major reason for wanting him to come to Liverpool was to develop as a player and took a pay cut to do so (£60 000 a week less allegedly, though presumably the transfer fee makes a difference).

He's already improved as a player and he's only been at Liverpool two months.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2018, 17:26

Just when you think Wenger is on his last legs... 2-0 away win at Milan. :lol:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Mar 2018, 10:31

Diamond Dog wrote:Just when you think Wenger is on his last legs... 2-0 away win at Milan. :lol:

And 3-0 at home to Watford.... he'll get a years extension soon....
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Mar 2018, 10:59

I have to say that the number of empty sets at the Emirates yesterday was a disgrace. Arsenal are 6th and are in a Europa League campaign. FFS.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Mar 2018, 11:57

Toby wrote:I have to say that the number of empty sets at the Emirates yesterday was a disgrace. Arsenal are 6th and are in a Europa League campaign. FFS.

My understanding that those are paid seats Toby? As you say, if that's correct, then the fans really are voting with their feet - this isn't people just not going, this is people not going having already paid for the ticket (and I'd hazard a guess the vast majority of those have to be season tickets).

If they aren't going when they've already bought the season ticket, what chance is there of them stumping up again next season if Wenger is still in charge? Now that may really be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Mar 2018, 12:38

Yes I'd agree with that.

But I'm sure that the club has a fairly large waiting list of people wanting season tickets.

If the club were fighting relegation then I'd say that people not turning up en masse is understandable to a certain extent. But this is a club that has only just dropped out of the Champion's League, has a couple of not-quite world-class players and is in Europe. When people vote with their feet to not attend a game of Premier League football I just think it's shameful in terms of support for the team, if not the club itself.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Mar 2018, 16:57

Toby wrote: When people vote with their feet to not attend a game of Premier League football I just think it's shameful in terms of support for the team, if not the club itself.

I think if you ask most Arsenal fans, they probably don't feel the players deserve anymore support than Wenger and the board.
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 08 Apr 2018, 11:56

I am off to my third game in eight days this afternoon. So far 7 goals for, one against. Let's hope for another 3 or 4 goals and another clean sheet.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 08 Apr 2018, 18:25

3 goals but no clean sheet

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 09 Apr 2018, 00:03

No surprise there if Mustafi is playing!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 20 Apr 2018, 10:30

I'm not as surprised as I feel I ought to be re the Wenger announcement. It never felt to me as if he could go into next season. I suspect it's been forced upon him, but whatever..
It'll be fascinating to see who they appoint.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Apr 2018, 11:37

Surely Pardew or Big Sam?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2018, 11:59

I'd be flat out for Conte if he's not too pissed off with England.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Apr 2018, 12:25

Unai Emery looks like he's leaving PSG in the summer. Could be a good move as he did a brilliant job with Sevilla.

Ancelotti as a short-term bet perhaps.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 20 Apr 2018, 13:04

I'd still like Allegri I think as my first choice. But it's a bit of a boom time for coaches so there are lots of potential options.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Apr 2018, 13:22

Any interest in Tuchel ?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 20 Apr 2018, 13:33

Dr Markus wrote:Any interest in Tuchel ?

PSG bound?

He's been hyped for a few years now as the new Wenger - a thinker and innovator brimming with ideas and energy. But he hasn't actually achieved all that much and has a nasty habit of falling out with his clubs. There has to be doubts about his man management skills, I'm not sure players like playing for him, so I'd be quite wary myself.

Return to “Sporting Life”