The all new Arsenal thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: The all new Arsenal thread

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Apr 2017, 16:14

fueryIre wrote:
Toby wrote:
If they don't qualify for the Champions League then I think he'll go of his own accord.

To Jamaica maybe?

Possible obscure ska/reggae album?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 28 May 2017, 09:33

Thanks Arsenal for producing one of the finest FA Cup Final performances of recent times. They were outstanding and really should have buried Chelsea by half-time.

Mertesacker, Sanchez and Bellerin were terrific.

Modesty Forbids

Postby Modesty Forbids » 28 May 2017, 11:00

I agree. Great performance, and I was genuinely pleased for them, and not only because they showed up Chelsea and basically out-tacticked Conte
Condescension is fun, and long overdue.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end, and each day dies with sleep

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2017, 13:18

Arsenal played as well as they could - and Chelsea probably as poorly as they could.

From the first minute, Arsenal were active and hustling. Chelsea looked a bit shell shocked and were extremely lucky to only be one down at half time. I still think the first goal is handball though - he's actually moved both his hands towards the ball.... I don't know how much more you need for that decision. Whatever, they were much the better side for the first 45 minutes.

A friend and I were watching it and we both agreed that Matic & Moses should have been subbed at half time - I think that may the worst ever performance in a Cup Final by Moses, compounded by that crazy sending off. He shouldn't have been on the pitch by that time - a strangely passive performance by the manager too.

I kind of hope Wenger goes out a relative high. He owes no one anything and I don't really want to see him subjected to such criticism next season.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 28 May 2017, 15:02

When they play with that intensity from the first whistle they look a really very good side.

Trouble is they seem to believe they can win most games through their skill and artistry alone rather than allying those qualities to good old consistent application and ball-breaking effort.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 29 May 2017, 02:26

Diamond Dog wrote:I kind of hope Wenger goes out a relative high. He owes no one anything and I don't really want to see him subjected to such criticism next season.

Yeah, it really does give him a perfect chance for at least a bit of a fairytale ending. Exit stage left with head high and with some final happy memories.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 12:50

Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 30 May 2017, 13:19

Wenger expected to announce he's signing a 2 year contract extension tomorrow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 13:22

Aye I read, I can't see him making or doing anything different to improve Arsenal's situation to the fans liking. Though he's a cash cow of sorts if he gets them back in to the champions league next year.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 May 2017, 13:45

Toby wrote:Wenger expected to announce he's signing a 2 year contract extension tomorrow.

Why wait?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40073103

It's clear he's going to sign it - strange they have to wait until tomorrow to do so (or officially announce it).
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Jun 2017, 10:27

I wonder if, in a couple of weeks, we're going to have an announcement that Wenger has requested a Director Of Football?
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Jun 2017, 18:16

Bergkamp joined the Arse this day back in 95 for 7.5 million. Crazy when you think of the money spent today on above average players, compared to his world class skill.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 11 Aug 2017, 21:41

Serious problems already at Arsenal despite the win.

The defence was all over the shop, and not surprisingly given that they decided to play with three centre-backs despite only having one on the pitch, and with Oxlade-Chamberlain at left-back despite having two left-backs playing as makeshift centre-backs. And then when Holding went off, thus leaving them with no centre-backs at all, Bellerin also got to join in the fun and play in the wrong position!

It's almost as if Wenger enjoys all the "Arsenal crisis Wenger out" stuff, isn't it? Fortunately, he was saved by his opposite number doing something even more stupid (bringing on a striker for a midfielder with 9 minutes left when trying to protect a 1-0 lead away from home. Was it in Iheanacho's contract that he had to play here or something?) and by Mike Dean's bizarre decision not to penalise Özil for a handball which few will outdo for obviousness this season.

Obviously, they have too much quality in midfield and attack not to challenge near the top end, but it's hard to see the big teams being worried about a side with so many glaring issues.

The oddest moment was when Martin Tyler started reciting the lyrics to 'Friday on My Mind' :lol:
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Aug 2017, 21:45

The oddest moment was when Martin Tyler claimed the challenge on Vardy by Cech was 'possibly the tackle of the season'.... what a twat.
Cocaine

NMB

Postby NMB » 11 Aug 2017, 22:39

PENK wrote:Mike Dean's bizarre decision not to penalise Özil for a handball which few will outdo for obviousness this season

It was less obvious than the Leicester handball that we didn't get a penalty for!
turn on, tune in, nod off

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 11 Aug 2017, 22:47

No it wasn't. Özil's handball was deliberate. Ndidi had the ball smacked into his arm from a foot away. Get those red-tinted specs off!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 11 Aug 2017, 22:55

The Entertainers.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

NMB

Postby NMB » 11 Aug 2017, 22:59

PENK wrote:No it wasn't. Özil's handball was deliberate. Ndidi had the ball smacked into his arm from a foot away. Get those red-tinted specs off!

Into his arm that was deliberately raised in the penalty area.
turn on, tune in, nod off

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 27 Aug 2017, 18:36

There's not much to say on this thread anymore is there? All you can say is that Arsenal desparately need a new manager.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 27 Aug 2017, 19:26

There is a sense of the decline of the last few years becoming more acute but also that Arsenal simply don't know how to cope with Liverpool. I'm sure that when the Premier League restarts, they'll put together a good run like they always do, but being part of the Champions League looks more and more distant.

Return to “Sporting Life”