The all new Arsenal thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Darkness_Fish

Re: The all new Arsenal thread

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 May 2018, 09:05

Ok, I feel compelled to do this. Don't judge me. It just has to happen, or else I'll bottle it up inside for years to come, and then I'll require even more therapy.

Emery? Sounds a bit of a Dick to me.

Thank you for your patience.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 22 May 2018, 09:17

Darkness_Fish wrote:Emery? Sounds a bit of a Dick to me.

I'm board with him already
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 May 2018, 09:20

Looks to be a solid appointment to me. Had he been coming off Sevilla and Valencia (rather than PSG) then I think it would be seen differently as a very positive move and a bit of a coup, so I'm cautiously optimistic on this one.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 05 Jul 2018, 21:28

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 07 Aug 2018, 17:06

None of the usual animus from me here, but I was wondering what assembled goonery made of this.
I'd be worried. I know Spurs are also majority owned by a billionaire absentee but at least Lewis and Levy grew up in this country, know the game and were/are genuine fans

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... tball-fans

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Aug 2018, 17:12

Rayge wrote:None of the usual animus from me here, but I was wondering what assembled goonery made of this.
I'd be worried. I know Spurs are also majority owned by a billionaire absentee but at least Lewis and Levy grew up in this country, know the game and were/are genuine fans

Of course we're worried - it is bad news. You will find very few supporters of Kroenke among Arsenal fans. What can you do though? He's pretty old so might not be around in ten years.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2018, 19:03

I'm not sure what the season holds in store for Arsenal (and the change in manager the fans were begging for) but I'm absolutely certain that the team playing to a half full stadium with ten minutes to go (in the first game of the season) isn't going to help them. That's poor from the fans, very poor indeed.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2018, 19:05

The Modernist wrote:
Rayge wrote:None of the usual animus from me here, but I was wondering what assembled goonery made of this.

Of course we're worried - it is bad news. You will find very few supporters of Kroenke among Arsenal fans. What can you do though? He's pretty old so might not be around in ten years.

Maybe not G - but his son will be, most probably.
Cocaine

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Aug 2018, 19:16

Hopefully he's a bit more interested in football than Stan.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Aug 2018, 19:30

Diamond Dog wrote:I'm not sure what the season holds in store for Arsenal (and the change in manager the fans were begging for) but I'm absolutely certain that the team playing to a half full stadium with ten minutes to go (in the first game of the season) isn't going to help them. That's poor from the fans, very poor indeed.

Indeed. That's pretty fucking dreadful but I'm not surprised either. They have become a pretty fickle bunch.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Aug 2018, 23:26

Toby wrote: They have become a pretty fickle bunch.

For wanting a change after 22 years? :roll:

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Aug 2018, 12:00

Pansy Puff wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Toby wrote: They have become a pretty fickle bunch.

It was his first game in charge and loads of cunts couldn't be bothered sticking around to the end of the match. Did they have flights to get?

Well as someone who left the pub early (around the 75th minute) when watching the game, I find it difficult to be too critical. The only thing that might have happened was that City would score a third and why would Arsenal fans want to see that? It was a bit of an exceptional game in that sense.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Aug 2018, 12:40

The Modernist wrote:
Pansy Puff wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

It was his first game in charge and loads of cunts couldn't be bothered sticking around to the end of the match. Did they have flights to get?

Well as someone who left the pub early (around the 75th minute) when watching the game, I find it difficult to be too critical. The only thing that might have happened was that City would score a third and why would Arsenal fans want to see that? It was a bit of an exceptional game in that sense.

Hence the fickle bunch comment, I guess!

If the fans can't be arsed to stay for the first game of the first new manager in 22 years, against possibly the best English team ever, on the opening day of the new season...one wonders when they do think staying and supporting your team for 90 minutes would be appropriate?
Cocaine

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Aug 2018, 10:46

Different level (of course, only the 8 Steps below) but I have never left a Windsor game early. And a game like yesterday illustrates why.

Hit the woodwork 5 times in the 1st half yet went in 2-0 down against Royal Wootton Bassett Town at half-time with everyone scratching their heads. Then 3-0 down after an hour only to come back and win 4-3 including 2 of the finest strikes I will see all season.

Brilliant afternoon’s entertainment. How many PL supporters would have started moaning and drifting out at 3-0 down after 65 mins?

Oh well, who cares? Carry on.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Aug 2018, 10:06

Emery denies rift with Ozil :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45309873

"Sick"? "Speak with the doctor"?

Not the most convincing denial. I think the "He didn't like being on the bench" sounds a tad more plausible.

Time to move on, I think - for the good of the manager, club, fans and player.
Cocaine

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 27 Aug 2018, 06:11

Easier said than done though. There wasn't a lot of interest in him from other clubs when he was winding down his contract and now we've given him a new deal on huge wages, it'll be doubly hard to move him on.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Aug 2018, 09:01

Well quite. That decision to extend and improve his contract looked like a mistake then and appears worse now. Maybe a loan could be the answer - but they aren't cheap these days either.
Cocaine

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Oct 2018, 21:58

Ozil was his usual lazy lackluster self for 35 minutes of that game. Seemed to do ok afterwards.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Oct 2018, 08:03

They've slipped very quietly into 4th place - ten wins on the bounce.

I see Wenger is in the running for the Real Madrid job too....... :lol:
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 23 Oct 2018, 09:25

Leicester could have been 3-0 up after 30 minutes. They are clicking nicely upfront but press high and look uncomfortable at the back. Jury out until after December.

Return to “Sporting Life”