The Championship

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Re: The Championship

Postby andymacandy » 02 Feb 2016, 20:32

Well, Im happy that we get to keep Mac, and Dembele sticks around until the summer. We even got a couple of half decent loaners too, to get around our transfer embargo. Who knows, if this wildly optimistic streak continues, we may even get a point out of Derby at the weekend.
Bless the weather.......Image

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2016, 17:00

borofan wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Apparently he wanted £55k pw, rising to £90k on promotion. :lol:

Scuppers Blackburn's plan to get 3 new (much needed) players in.

Their fans not at all happy with Rhodes.

And now it seems to be back on again, at the original terms (Boro matching his existing contract, with an extra year). Sounds like Rhodes has told his agent to stop being a greedy twat trying to bump up his 10% or whatever.

Nobody messes with Steve Gibson - as they found out yesterday.

Except Rovers, yesterday
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

borofan

Postby borofan » 03 Mar 2016, 15:19

Minnie the Minx wrote:
borofan wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Apparently he wanted £55k pw, rising to £90k on promotion. :lol:

Scuppers Blackburn's plan to get 3 new (much needed) players in.

Their fans not at all happy with Rhodes.

And now it seems to be back on again, at the original terms (Boro matching his existing contract, with an extra year). Sounds like Rhodes has told his agent to stop being a greedy twat trying to bump up his 10% or whatever.

Nobody messes with Steve Gibson - as they found out yesterday.

Except Rovers, yesterday

Fair do's - we didn't turn up and Rovers thoroughly deserved the win. Mind, Jason Steele (Boro reject) in goal still had to play a blinder. Apparently Sean Dyche was doing a great impersonation of the Cheshire Cat on his way out at the end of the game.

Our contractual New Year wobble is getting a bit worrying. Got to get arses in gear for the run-in now.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 10 Apr 2016, 16:14

So squeaky bum time is just about upon us. I think if we can win at Forest Monday to re-reduce the gap, we'll be well placed with 4 winnable games to follow prior to the season finale at Boro. I reckon Burnley may yet blow it and Hull possibly already have.

It would be great if both Brighton and Boro needed a point from the last game. If so, I reckon the bookies may stop taking bets on that
We're way past rhubarb

borofan

Postby borofan » 11 Apr 2016, 15:17

C'mon Forest!

If we're going up, I'd rather take Burnley with us. I've nothing against Brighton & Hove Actually, but the way the PL is going, Burnley would be our local derby next season if we both go up!

Not that I'm doing anything but enjoying the comedy show that is Newcastle United of course.

borofan

Postby borofan » 12 Apr 2016, 15:21

borofan wrote:C'mon Forest!

If we're going up, I'd rather take Burnley with us. I've nothing against Brighton & Hove Actually, but the way the PL is going, Burnley would be our local derby next season if we both go up!

Not that I'm doing anything but enjoying the comedy show that is Newcastle United of course.

Bugger. 92nd minute winner for BHA. Not that surprised they won, as Forest have been piss poor recently.

Our chance tonight - our game in hand at home to Reading. If we can win that and then beat Bolton Saturday lunchtime (no gimme considering our record against the relegation posse this season!), we'll be 5 points clear before Burnley and Brighton play again. Here's hoping...

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Apr 2016, 20:31

Reading are soft as shit now so I can't see you failing to get 3 points tonight.

borofan

Postby borofan » 13 Apr 2016, 16:13

Lord Rother wrote:Reading are soft as shit now so I can't see you failing to get 3 points tonight.

Well, we managed it in the end - winner with last kick of the match. Might have lost it as Reading had a breakaway 2 minutes earlier and should have scored.
Very ungracious whinge from McDermott after the game, particularly as the only reason Reading had a chance at that point was that Al-Habsi played out of his skin for 90 minutes.

Now for Bolton on Saturday lunchtime - the sort of game Boro have traditionally been good at ballsing up...

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 13 Apr 2016, 19:20

What did he whinge about?

He was extremely tetchy after the game because the local radio commentator has been exceedingly critical of Vydra for weeks saying he has been hiding, that he's the worst striker Reading have ever had, that he was disrespectful to the fans when taking a poor penalty recently, that he is shot in the head etc. etc. and after his bad miss late on last night wanted to launch straight into his campaign against the poor guy. McDermott didn't handle it well at all responding rather aggressively and I suspect that had put him in a foul mood which he might have taken into other post match interviews.

Normally he's one of the more gracious managers I've heard after a defeat.

borofan

Postby borofan » 13 Apr 2016, 20:39

That sounds like a fair assessment. I obviously had no knowledge of BM's beef with the local radio reporter. He has always struck me as a decent character. Living in West Yorkshire, I remember the shit he had to put up with when he was in charge of Dirty Leeds and how graciously he dealt with it. That's why I was surprised about his interview last night.

borofan

Postby borofan » 16 Apr 2016, 19:08

Bloody hell that was tense! Another injury time winner after a less than stellar performance. Considering our atrocious record against the bottom 6 sides this season, I feared the worst when Bolton scored. Fortunately we seem to have discovered a real reserve of determination and pure bottle which is getting us through these games.

It's going to be unbearable from now on. 3 teams in great form for 2 places. We've won 6 in a row, Burnley unbeaten in 19 and Brighton unbeaten in 15 (and we've got to play them both!)

On to Burnley on Tuesday. The bums are starting to squeak at considerable volume.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 24 Apr 2016, 07:54

Thank goodness this season is nearly done.Mathematically safe.
Beaten at home by a dreadful Forest side that could barely get out of their own half.
Poor refereeing, and even poorer Fulham.If Spurs are still prepared to pay £12 ( let alone £12M) for Dembele, then we should bite their hand off.
Jokanovic has a lot of work to do.

Spec

Postby Spec » 25 Apr 2016, 11:52

Once again the Championship is one of the most exciting leagues in Europe. Two games to go, three teams level on points and the only thing separating top from third is 3 goals.

And M'boro v Brighton on the last day of the season.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 07 May 2016, 14:48

Congratulations borofan

Winning was always going to be a tall order although a draw seemed possible. Ultimately failure to beat Derby is what cost us, At least we showed a bit of spirit in the second half after a poor first.

So no complaints apart from the red card which looked a bit innocuous despite the extent of the injury. Ref probably saw that as a bit of "afters" following the previous spat, but I don't think there was any real malice involved.

So on to the play offs.
We're way past rhubarb

borofan

Postby borofan » 07 May 2016, 17:22

The Fish wrote:Congratulations borofan

Winning was always going to be a tall order although a draw seemed possible. Ultimately failure to beat Derby is what cost us, At least we showed a bit of spirit in the second half after a poor first.

So no complaints apart from the red card which looked a bit innocuous despite the extent of the injury. Ref probably saw that as a bit of "afters" following the previous spat, but I don't think there was any real malice involved.

So on to the play offs.

Thanks Fish.

As ever, we did it the hard way, really should have had it wrapped up in the first half with all the chances we created. Still, not going to let that get in the way - WE'RE GOING UP!!!!!!!

It would just complete the season perfectly if Sunderland can beat Everton on Wednesday and sent the Barcodes down!

Best of luck to Brighton in the play-offs - smashing club who deserve to go up.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 May 2016, 18:56

Is your manager staying though? Didn't he "walk out" during the season, then come back?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

borofan

Postby borofan » 09 May 2016, 17:44

Dr Markus wrote:Is your manager staying though? Didn't he "walk out" during the season, then come back?

He was never leaving, according to the chairman, and he should know. Committed to his contract is the official line. In the end, the incident turned out to be a galvanising influence that got us going through to the end of the season.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 05 Aug 2016, 21:52

Top of the League.Get in!
And THRASHED the title favourites.

Finish the season now!

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 05 Aug 2016, 22:23

andymacandy wrote:Top of the League.Get in!
And THRASHED the title favourites.

Finish the season now!

I thought you were relegated last season
I run out of talent

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Aug 2016, 23:39

Only saw the 1st half but it was like a pre season friendly.

Pretty poor stuff.

Return to “Sporting Life”