The Championship

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
borofan

Re: The Championship

Postby borofan » 29 Nov 2017, 16:50

Minnie the Minx wrote:Ey, we're fucking 4th!

You've got a good man in charge in Tony Mowbray. Great pity that it didn't work for him at Boro - everyone was willing him to get it right, and his teams always play the game the right way. He'll always be a legend on Teesside.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Nov 2017, 11:12

Imagine only being 4th in league one! I'd count that as a disastrous season so far, from our lofty perch at the top, lords of all we survey.

My smugness should be tempered by the fact I've only been to one home game so far this season, and we lost to Bradford.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Dec 2017, 16:02

borofan wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Ey, we're fucking 4th!

You've got a good man in charge in Tony Mowbray. Great pity that it didn't work for him at Boro - everyone was willing him to get it right, and his teams always play the game the right way. He'll always be a legend on Teesside.

Im starting to believe it!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 16 Dec 2017, 17:41

You should all be so lucky. We have finished 17th in League One for 68 straight seasons. We are currently on a great run of form though and sit pretty in a nosebleed-inducing 15th. I am sure that once Eoin Doyle inevitably gets injured we will start slipping again, though.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 18 Dec 2017, 09:42

On the downside, all we have to look forward to is relegation to League One next season. But I'm enjoying the glory of being top, yet.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 23 Dec 2017, 16:43

We're winning 7-nil. Away from home. Unheard of! WTF!

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Dec 2017, 09:14

Surely time is running out for Stam at Reading.

Supporters are bored, frustrated and staying away.

Yesterday was the 500th League game at the Madejski Stadium and the general consensus from fans and commentators alike was that the performance would not rank higher than 498th in the all-time list.

Reports agree that we were passionless, clueless, and totally inept against previously bottom club Burton Albion.

borofan

Postby borofan » 24 Dec 2017, 18:18

Monk gone. Can't say I'm entirely surprised, except maybe the timing. Seems to me that he had all the tools there to do the job but was floundering badly in finding a system to fit. Sums it up that he tried to get rid of Downing before the season started, and he's turned out to be the best player we've had all season. I reckon Steve Gibson has looked at the way Wolves have gone - same sort of thing, new man in, lots of cash spent, but they are absolutely flying - and thought 'why isn't that us?'.

Interesting that Gibson has put Craig Liddle (head Academy coach) in temporary charge rather than any of the coaching staff Monk brought with him. That shows that Gibson has lost confidence in the lot of them - mind if James Beattie is as good a coach as he was a player there's no surprise.

The rumour is that there have been talks with Tony Pulis about the job. OK, I never really liked entertaining football anyway...

borofan

Postby borofan » 26 Dec 2017, 15:48

borofan wrote:Monk gone. Can't say I'm entirely surprised, except maybe the timing. Seems to me that he had all the tools there to do the job but was floundering badly in finding a system to fit. Sums it up that he tried to get rid of Downing before the season started, and he's turned out to be the best player we've had all season. I reckon Steve Gibson has looked at the way Wolves have gone - same sort of thing, new man in, lots of cash spent, but they are absolutely flying - and thought 'why isn't that us?'.

Interesting that Gibson has put Craig Liddle (head Academy coach) in temporary charge rather than any of the coaching staff Monk brought with him. That shows that Gibson has lost confidence in the lot of them - mind if James Beattie is as good a coach as he was a player there's no surprise.

The rumour is that there have been talks with Tony Pulis about the job. OK, I never really liked entertaining football anyway...

It's Pulis. FFS.

Return to “Sporting Life”