Liverpool

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
trans-chigley express

Re: Liverpool

Postby trans-chigley express » 21 Jan 2019, 11:00

I breathed a huge sign of relief after the Palace game. That looked more like the Liverpool of last season which was worrying. Really missed Trent and Gomez.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 11:38

trans-chigley express wrote:I breathed a huge sign of relief after the Palace game. That looked more like the Liverpool of last season which was worrying. Really missed Trent and Gomez.

Palace are an absolute bugger of a team to play at home though. They have two very dangerous breakaway threats in Townsend & Zaha, and they are so effective when they're catching teams on the break. All in all, a good win for Liverpool - but their defensive frailties are rather more obvious when half of the back four is missing.
Español castillo mágico.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
This is where they walked, swam, Hunted, danced and sang, Take a picture here,Take a souvenir

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 09 Dec 2019, 20:16

Nearly a year on and it seems Liverpool are very much the team to beat.

They have a savage schedule in the next month but if they're still 8 points clear by then I reckon it really is theirs to lose.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Dec 2019, 14:47

Liverpool keep rolling on while everyone behind continually drop points. They've looked shakey at times though and their unbeaten run will come to an end before long but hopefully they've built up enough of a lead to afford their usual post Christmas wobble.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 27 Dec 2019, 10:19

I thought they were superb last night. Played Leicester off the park and TAA put in one of the performances of the season.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Dec 2019, 16:33

Unbelievable consistency.

An absolutely amazing team effort over the last 2 seasons.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Jan 2020, 12:07

Penk! wrote:Hilarious really, aren't they?

Went back to the first post on this thread.

They weren't great yesterday and I thought even without Kane Spurs pace would give them problems.

Wijnaldum was brilliant yesterday - such a fantastic midfielder.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jan 2020, 20:49

Much as it pains me to say it, they've moved to a different plane this season. They aren't just the best team in the EPL, they're the best by fucking streets. When they play their best, maybe only Man City can still live with them. Maybe. When they just play okay, they win. When they play badly, they win. Doesn't seem to matter much who they're playing, when or where - they win. They are also a real team where everyone at the club has bought into the Klopp vision. They lead from the front and the rest further down the food chain follow and pick up the crumbs readily. There is something very special going on at Anfield at present - how long it goes on for I'm not sure but their football the past twelve months has been, probably, the best I've seen in the top flight. Yes better than Man City because they won the Champions League. Yes better than any of the Chelsea teams - even the 2004(?) Mourinho side. Better than the Arsenal invincibles. Maybe only the Man Utd Treble team from 99 can claim to be as consistently good. And maybe one of the Liverpool sides from the early 80's. Maybe. But I honestly don't remember such relentless determination and brilliance over the course of a twelve month period.

Now I'm going to be sick.
Español castillo mágico.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
This is where they walked, swam, Hunted, danced and sang, Take a picture here,Take a souvenir

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 15 Jan 2020, 13:19

Diamond Dog wrote: I honestly don't remember such relentless determination and brilliance over the course of a twelve month period.

Now I'm going to be sick.

Poor Pete. This must be really killing you.
Bugger off.