NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 2246
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Jumper K » 17 Mar 2019, 14:21

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jumper K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:As re NYG, maybe they are looking to use their 6th or 17th pick in the draft to find Eli's replacement? Lots of decent QB's available this year.

I disagree Pete. I think the QB class is moderate at best. I'm not convinced about Murray. Haskins has the tools but decision making is poor. Lock and Jones have the arm but deficiencies elsewhere, not least in being a leader. I'd like us to take Finlay and sit him behind 17 for a season or 2.
Having said that its a QB league and 6 will probably go in the first round :lol:



No you're right Frank - what I meant to say was 'highly touted' QB's available... they all have question marks. I'm pretty sure the Giants will look to get a replacement for Eli through the draft, rather than trade/free agency. Those routes for QB's at present are insanely expensive.

I see at least 4 QB's going in the first - but it may well get to 6. As you say, the passing game is everything (despite the Superbowl).

If I was the Giants I’d be going all in for Rosen. Sit him behind Eli for half a season, or even start him straight away. He sure as hell won’t be taking as much punishment as last year.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Mar 2019, 15:14

That's a good idea, as the Cards look likely to draft Murray... what will they pay for Rosen though?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Mar 2019, 17:33

Looks like Le'Veon Bell made the wrong move, in sitting out a year and then signing for The Jets. Yes, The Jets.

From Penn Live: https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019/03 ... fered.html

According to multiple reports, Bell’s deal inked with the Jets is worth $52.5 million over four years and up to $61 million with incentives.

But it is all about the guaranteed money, which proved the major sticking point in Bell’s failed negotiations with the Steelers.

With the Jets, Bell gets $25 million in fully guaranteed money, which means he’ll be walking away with at least that much, even if the Jets cut him after the 2019 season, CBSsports.com writes, adding:

By contrast, the Steelers offer last July was for five years at $70 million. And $20.5 million was guaranteed up front in Year 1: a $10 million signing bonus, a $10 million roster bonus plus his base salary, CBS reports.

And that was for 2018, when Bell’s actual earnings were zero. That’s because he not only left the contract offer on the table, he also refused to play under the Steelers franchise tag for $14.5 million.

That’s money that can never be recouped.

Moreover, if Bell had signed the Steelers deal, which averaged $16.5 million a year, he was in line to pocket $33 million in those first two years.

Instead, Bell will put just $14.5 million in his pocket by playing for the Jets in 2019, according to CBSsports.com.

Little wonder Bell’s new rap album is titled, “Life’s a Gamble.”

Yes, Le’Veon, it is. And you lost.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Mar 2019, 12:22

The Colts have an enormous amount of cap space - and a team that really showed massive potential as last season wore on....they've drafted superbly the past couple of years too.... I've had a moderate investment at 14/1 for next season.....
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2019, 20:36

I see Antonio Brown has completely gone off the stupidity charts in Oakland - having given himself frostbite in a cryogenic chamber in France by not wearing the correct footwear (seriously) he is now threatening to retire if he isn't allowed to continue to wear the helmet type he has for the past 9 years, because that style of helmet is actually now 11 years old and failed the NFL equipment safety checks (which they undertake on all equipment over ten years old). So he's refusing to wear any of the new style (and legal) helmets because he wants to carry on with his old (and unsafe) helmet type. The new helmets are approved by both the NFL and the players union (of which Brown is a member).... I kid you not..... He is threatening to retire and walk away from $30 million guaranteed money over the next two seasons over this :lol: :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Aug 2019, 08:55

Diamond Dog wrote:The Colts have an enormous amount of cap space - and a team that really showed massive potential as last season wore on....they've drafted superbly the past couple of years too.... I've had a moderate investment at 14/1 for next season.....


Fucking hell... Andrew Luck announces his retirement!

:roll: :cry:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 2246
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Jumper K » 25 Aug 2019, 17:04

Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:The Colts have an enormous amount of cap space - and a team that really showed massive potential as last season wore on....they've drafted superbly the past couple of years too.... I've had a moderate investment at 14/1 for next season.....


Fucking hell... Andrew Luck announces his retirement!

:roll: :cry:

And got booed by his own fans. Freaking shameful

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Aug 2019, 19:15

Jumper K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:The Colts have an enormous amount of cap space - and a team that really showed massive potential as last season wore on....they've drafted superbly the past couple of years too.... I've had a moderate investment at 14/1 for next season.....


Fucking hell... Andrew Luck announces his retirement!

:roll: :cry:

And got booed by his own fans. Freaking shameful


Yeah I just read that!! Fucking hell - hasn't he given the enough blood? :x
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 07 Sep 2019, 23:32

Wait....AB now hooking up with the Patriots????

This beats anything Ballers cooked up in a cocked hat.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Sep 2019, 06:54

never/ever wrote:Wait....AB now hooking up with the Patriots????

This beats anything Ballers cooked up in a cocked hat.



What an utter fiasco.

The Raiders must be regretting the day they ever set sights on him.

He'll probably be a roaring success in New England - all the shenanigans will last precisely one week before he gets shown the door there. I think that probably means no shenanigans.The Patriots now have Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown. And Edleman. And Demarius Thomas. You think Brady asked for some receiving options to compensate for Gronk? They look like they may well repeat.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 08 Sep 2019, 10:24

I'm just trying to imagine the relationship between AB and Belichick.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Sep 2019, 13:47

never/ever wrote:I'm just trying to imagine the relationship between AB and Belichick.


It will be exactly as everyone else with Belichick. You play for the team, you're good. You stray for one minute into playing for yourself, you're gone. And everyone knows it. There are absolutely no exceptions.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 10 Sep 2019, 12:55

If there will be any more matches of the quality of the Saints-Texans game, it will be one hell of a season.

What a weapon DeShaun Watson is. If he stays healthy (and his offensive line don't feed him to the lions) and keeps his wits, Houston may well he in the box seat for the AFC South championship. That final drive, two plays in 13 seconds was breathtaking.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Sep 2019, 15:29

I've just watched the Pats v Steelers game.

If that is how good Pittsburgh are, they're in for a long season.

And if that's how good New England are, we're all in for a long season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 10 Sep 2019, 23:34

You must be feeling good of your team if you trade Demariyus Thomas for a sixth-round pick to the Jets....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2019, 12:09

Diamond Dog wrote:I've just watched the Pats v Steelers game.

If that is how good Pittsburgh are, they're in for a long season.

And if that's how good New England are, we're all in for a long season.


Two games, two wins.

76 points scored, 3 conceded.

Yikes.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 16 Sep 2019, 12:32

Can't see much of a challenge in the upcoming games for NE either...October with Dallas and the Texans could be interesting and KC not much later are the only juicy ones.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68572
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2019, 13:38

never/ever wrote:Can't see much of a challenge in the upcoming games for NE either...October with Dallas and the Texans could be interesting and KC not much later are the only juicy ones.



Their schedule is an absolute joke - for the defending champions it's unbelievable. I'd be astonished if they don't finish 14-2 at worst.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
When I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point.

User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 2246
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Jumper K » 16 Sep 2019, 15:33

In other news, back to normality for the Chargers. Its going to be one long shit show this year.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24903
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 16 Sep 2019, 21:46

No Ben for the Steelers. Seen that their chances of winning the lot plummeted from 40-1 to 100-1...
With Drew out as well, Eli again on the chopping block and Darnold having mononucleosis, looks like its going to be the season of the backup QB....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.