"Sky Sports Understands...."

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 14127
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Rayge » 17 Jan 2018, 18:12

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Jan 2018, 14:01

So who won the war between Arsenal and Utd? Who came off better. I think Arsenal came off better. Surround Giroud with Ozil and Mkhitaryan, with wilshere pulling the strings behind them, I think that do them for the rest of the season. With Sanchez coming and mourinho preferring more established players, if I were Rashford, i'd be looking for another club.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23704
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Toby » 24 Jan 2018, 14:11

United have a strong attacking line up augmented by a genuinely world-class player when he's at his best.

Arsenal have lost their best player. Your argument is based on hypothetical situations.

Mkhitaryan could be a great player for Arsenal, I don't doubt that. Given that Mourinho dismissed De Bruyne's credentials when he was at Chelsea, it could be argued that Mourinho has a blind spot in terms of some players. But losing their best player and potentially Ozil in the summer diminishes Arsenal's reputation as a club to go to for other players.

There is no doubt that Wenger's ability to spot genuinely great players for virtually nothing went a long time ago. And I can't see Arsenal, in light of losing Sanchez, finishing in the Top 4 unless they go on a roll of form that they've not shown for at least a year or so. Another season without Champions' League football and talk of permanent decline might gather.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Jan 2018, 14:56

Toby wrote:United have a strong attacking line up augmented by a genuinely world-class player when he's at his best.

Arsenal have lost their best player. Your argument is based on hypothetical situations.
.


Well yes, that's why I asked people's opinions, to see how they think it will fare out.

Toby wrote:Mkhitaryan could be a great player for Arsenal, I don't doubt that. Given that Mourinho dismissed De Bruyne's credentials when he was at Chelsea, it could be argued that Mourinho has a blind spot in terms of some players. But losing their best player and potentially Ozil in the summer diminishes Arsenal's reputation as a club to go to for other players.

There is no doubt that Wenger's ability to spot genuinely great players for virtually nothing went a long time ago. And I can't see Arsenal, in light of losing Sanchez, finishing in the Top 4 unless they go on a roll of form that they've not shown for at least a year or so. Another season without Champions' League football and talk of permanent decline might gather.


I don't think they'll get 4th but I think it will be a lot closer than people think with them.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Jan 2018, 15:16

Man Utd got a player who could be sensational for them - but the cost (wage wise) is astronomical. He's basically converted his transfer fee into wages.... maybe this is the way of the future.... I think Man Utd are risking a massive amount on a 29 year old who, quite clearly, can be an issue in the dressing room. And whilst they can justify Sanchez's wages to themselves, I think they'll have great fun when the other star players contracts are up.....

Arsenal have done as well as they could, given that they let themselves get into this ridiculous position in the first place. In today's market what good would £25 million (the likely fee for Sanchez) have done them? They certainly couldn't have got a player of anything like Mikhitaryan's stature for that money.
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jan 2018, 14:19

Anyone think there'll be any big shock transfer or loans before the finish.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2018, 15:14

Ozil re-signing is a big surprise.
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32974
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Jan 2018, 15:28

350 grand a week for that cunt.

What a world
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

User avatar
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35784
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Penk! » 04 Jan 2019, 17:18

Diamond Dog wrote:
PENK wrote:Jermain Defoe is set to join Bournemouth and earn £20m over three years. Now he's obviously done well at Sunderland but that means Bournemouth still be paying him £100k a week when he's 37.


Even at £20 million exactly it's about £128k per week.... nice work if you can get it.


So that was £287,000 per appearance or £2,368,000 per goal, then.

And the rest of the country is going to food banks.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2019, 08:19

PENK wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
PENK wrote:Jermain Defoe is set to join Bournemouth and earn £20m over three years. Now he's obviously done well at Sunderland but that means Bournemouth still be paying him £100k a week when he's 37.


Even at £20 million exactly it's about £128k per week.... nice work if you can get it.


So that was £287,000 per appearance or £2,368,000 per goal, then.

And the rest of the country is going to food banks.


It's no wonder he wants to carry on, is it?
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20918
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Jeemo » 10 Jan 2019, 00:03

Diamond Dog wrote:
PENK wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Even at £20 million exactly it's about £128k per week.... nice work if you can get it.


So that was £287,000 per appearance or £2,368,000 per goal, then.

And the rest of the country is going to food banks.


It's no wonder he wants to carry on, is it?


Wonder who's paying his wages up here?
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Jan 2019, 09:22

Bournemouth must still be subsidising that.
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20918
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Jeemo » 10 Jan 2019, 23:16

They would have to because "the most successful football team in the world" are running on fumes.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 13:56

Jeemo wrote:They would have to because "the most successful football team in the world" are running on fumes.


It seems Bournemouth are paying £65,000 per week and so are Rangers.
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20918
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Jeemo » 21 Jan 2019, 14:34

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jeemo wrote:They would have to because "the most successful football team in the world" are running on fumes.


It seems Bournemouth are paying £65,000 per week and so are Rangers.



reports up here are that Rangers are paying nowhere near that. they are surviving on loans from directors at the moment.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68184
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 15:08

Jeemo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Jeemo wrote:They would have to because "the most successful football team in the world" are running on fumes.


It seems Bournemouth are paying £65,000 per week and so are Rangers.



reports up here are that Rangers are paying nowhere near that. they are surviving on loans from directors at the moment.


That was just in two papers yesterday Jim. It's an extraordinary amount of money, whichever way.
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20918
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Jeemo » 21 Jan 2019, 15:16

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
It seems Bournemouth are paying £65,000 per week and so are Rangers.



reports up here are that Rangers are paying nowhere near that. they are surviving on loans from directors at the moment.


That was just in two papers yesterday Jim. It's an extraordinary amount of money, whichever way.


absolutely, it was denied yesterday as well.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.