Spyware.IEmonster detected

Computer issues and app recommendations
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Spyware.IEmonster detected

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Jul 2010, 22:27

Out of nowhere my laptop is having problems now. When I try to run my superantispyware free edition it says I have been infected with a trojan that is trying to access my credit card details?

I can't seem to run any other virus software that i download either.

help!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

JQW

Re: Spyware.IEmonster detected

Postby JQW » 25 Jul 2010, 22:44

It looks like you've picked up a known piece of malware that issues fake virus warnings. The version I had to remove a couple of years ago was a pretty nasty piece of work; I suspect that this one is even worse as these things tend to become more complex over time.

Can you post a HijackThis log? I won't be able to take a look until sometime tomorrow afternoon, though, due to other commitments, but someone else may be able to help.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Jul 2010, 22:56

I think I managed to fix it. At first my antivirus software wouldn't work at all but after turning the laptop off and on again I was able to run a full virus check and delete around 7 trojans and some other nasty shit.

Everything appears to be working again.

Fucking PC's!!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Jul 2010, 23:03

I think I managed to fix it. At first my antivirus software wouldn't work at all but after turning the laptop off and on again I was able to run a full virus check and delete around 7 trojans and some other nasty shit.

Everything appears to be working again.

Fucking PC's!!

Return to “OK Computer?”