iTunes 9.2 - can't complete synching

Computer issues and app recommendations
the masked man
Schadenfreude

iTunes 9.2 - can't complete synching

Postby the masked man » 19 Jun 2010, 22:43

I'm really pissed off with the new version of iTunes which I've just downloaded. Halfway through synching my iPod, it just freezes (Task Manager reports its status as 'not responding'). New songs do not get uploaded.

I'm running Windows Vista, btw, which is supposed to be compatible with iTunes; is there any way of reverting to the previous version of the software?

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Re: iTunes 9.2 - can't complete synching

Postby the masked man » 19 Jun 2010, 23:07

A quick web search has proved I'm not alone with this problem - it seems to be affecting iPod classic models in particular. I've immediately uninstalled the program and am now reinstalling 9.1.1, which is still available on the Apple website.

Proceed with caution regarding 9.2.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 20 Jun 2010, 00:41

Unfortunately, I couldn't reload 9.1.1 because it wouldn't read my library (which had been updated to 9.2). However, I read one site which suggested 9.2 would eventually complete the synch if you left it connected for about ten minutes after it freezes.

So, I downloaded 9.2 again, synched my iPod...and yes indeed it does eventually complete after appearing to be dead in the water. No doubt a patch will be introduced to get round this shortly...

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 20 Jun 2010, 06:14

I'm sticking to 9.1.1. It works just fine for me, and I don't see the point in upgrading unless I have to. I use iTunes 7 on my iBook and it works perfectly.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

JQW

Postby JQW » 20 Jun 2010, 12:16

I had a problem after a previous iTunes upgrade, which inhibited performance. I reported it on Apple's support discussion boards and received a fixed version via E-mail within a couple of hours.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

JQW

Postby JQW » 20 Jun 2010, 12:19

Whenever iTunes updates the library file to a new format, it saves a copy of the previous library file in the folder Previous iTunes Libraries. This allows you to revert to the old version if things go wrong.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Return to “OK Computer?”