iTunes meltdown

Computer issues and app recommendations
copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

iTunes meltdown

Postby copehead » 23 May 2010, 11:01

Hi all.

My iTunes no longer shows any new album that I upload from USB, CD or purchase online.

I can see the songs in the correct directory and even play them but they don't show up within iTunes

I tried an iTunes purchase and that is sitting in the purchased music file in grey with an orange loading icon obviously not uploaded properly.

My iTunes is obviously having a problem accepting any new uploads, in fact if you go to file - add to library you can see the files I want to upload and even listen to them but no dice seeing them in iTunes

I would prefer to get iTunes working rather than download new music handling software but I am getting hacked off now.
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

JQW

Re: iTunes meltdown

Postby JQW » 23 May 2010, 12:49

I've not seen symptoms like this before.

The best option would be to log this as an issue at Apple's own support site. When I had a problem after an update that prevented the library from being updated, within hours they E-mailed a revised version of iTunes that fixed the fault.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 23 May 2010, 22:27

JQW wrote:I've not seen symptoms like this before.

The best option would be to log this as an issue at Apple's own support site. When I had a problem after an update that prevented the library from being updated, within hours they E-mailed a revised version of iTunes that fixed the fault.

Thanks Paul, I will have to do that when I get home next

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 05 Jul 2010, 16:20

JQW wrote:I've not seen symptoms like this before.

You were most of the way there Paul.

as soon as I had updated iTunes to the latest version it started to see everything correctly, for some reason it wouldn't update the library because it had downloaded a new iTunes version but I hadn't installed it.

ta

Return to “OK Computer?”