Pocket WiFi

Computer issues and app recommendations
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Pocket WiFi

Postby Jimbo » 25 May 2015, 14:08

My schedule has recently changed and I need to be away from home for four nights a week so my wife and I went to the big electronics store to see about getting a portable internet connection. Without any more bullshit I'll lay out my problem. It is supposed to be a 4G connection and the meter reads 2G and the connection is a very slow. Does anyone know about these things?
Question authority.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Re: Pocket WiFi

Postby The Dríver » 28 May 2015, 12:47

I take it it's one of those USB dongle things? Mobile broadband access?

It'll only be as fast as the data signal in that area will allow, in the same way as it is with your phone. If you get a better signal with your phone you may be better off getting a good data plan with GBs of data included and tether your phone to your computer.
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 31 May 2015, 13:11

Well, all the settings and controls are in Japanese and I've only been here for 30 some years so I can't read any of it. I brought it back to Tokyo this weekend thinking I'd go back to the store and slap the face of the 17 year old who sold it to me. Even in Tokyo the meter read 2GB. But then my wife fiddled with it and somehow set it to 4GB. It seems you can set it low in order to save the high bandwidth for when you need it. It isn't a use as much as you like plan. Tomorrow I will return to the countryside and see if my computer runs faster.
Question authority.

JefferyTets

View the latest post

Postby JefferyTets » 12 Mar 2016, 19:51

As this thread title suggests, here you can post all the latest updates to any program that has been, well, updated. :lol:

So, fire away

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 05 Apr 2016, 04:06

My adventure with pocket WIFI is done. I did get the thing to work and I even found a way to switch the commands to English and was actually pleased with the device once my learning curve curved. But then I left my job up in the mountains and no longer needed the thing. I knew I had a two year contract and would need to pay a penalty canceling a year early but they charged me for the entire year of monthly payments. :(
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Jul 2016, 06:45

My brother had one with him last year when we were together but it's due to his job that he has the device and it seemed to work perfectly fine for my needs at the hotel but I wasn't watching or d/l movies so I wasn't really testing the system. I was thinking of getting one but heard they were expensive.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Aug 2016, 14:46

Pocket Wifey?

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “OK Computer?”