Unable to install Flash Player

Computer issues and app recommendations
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Unable to install Flash Player

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Apr 2015, 20:29

Despite many many hundreds of attempts..... it simply will not install...... I press all the right buttons....it does everything it should do to install.... but, lo and behold, when the browser opens back up...it hasn't installed again......

Any ideas guys & gals, please?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

JQW

Re: Unable to install Flash Player

Postby JQW » 20 Apr 2015, 00:27

Are you installing the correct version for your browser? There's two different versions for Windows, one exclusively for Internet Explorer and the other for browsers such as Firefox.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 20 Apr 2015, 09:57

Is it clashing with some or other add-on already installed?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 20 Apr 2015, 19:59

Which browser? Which operating system? What specifically are you doing to attempt to install it? What specifically is indicating to you that installations are failing?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 22 Apr 2015, 09:20

Diamond Dog wrote:Any ideas guys & gals, please?

Firstly, sometimes you can go to a site and it will say - usually in a video-type window - that you need to update your version of Flash, and there'll be a link to click on. I've seen this link to sites which install malware, so I hope that that's not what's happened here.

I hate Flash, but it's a necessary evil, and given that there have been a couple of security flaws requiring patching recently you're right to want to keep it up to date. As has been said already there are two versions available - one for Internet Explorer and another for everything else (Firefox, Chrome, etc.). Your best bet is to go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ using IE - let it detect your browser and operating system, untick the box for the McAfee nonsense and download and install. Then go to the same link in Firefox or Chrome and do the same again.

If this still doesn't work consider uninstalling and re-installing Flash Player.
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Apr 2015, 09:56

Right thanks guys....I have done exactly what The Driver suggests...many, many times before...exactly that.... it then goes through the download...tells you to close your IE browser....which I do to finish the install....then.... it just doesn't install on the system..... you go to anywhere that uses flash to run TV for instance (like the BBC site) and it says you need to install Flash Player.

This is driving me fucking nuts.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 22 Apr 2015, 10:35

Try it with the link provided by user alchemist11 on this site- one i have used before to sort issues with my old computer out.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-230 ... stall.html

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Apr 2015, 21:57

Just tried that Maarts...exactly as it said...and it hasn't installed.

This is driving me fucking nuts.
Cocaine

'skope
BCB poster of the year 2014

Postby 'skope » 23 Apr 2015, 15:54

a quick search on google produced this: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ndows.html

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Apr 2015, 20:37

Thanks Adam - that is bizarre! I'd just gone through that whole page and found it was the Active X filtering that was the problem! I came here to report back....and you'd beaten me to it!!

Thanks to one and all :)
Cocaine

frimley_greener

Postby frimley_greener » 24 Apr 2015, 09:12

Chrome users don't have to download new versions of Flash Player. Chrome automatically updates when new versions of Flash Player are available. That way, users always have the latest security updates. Select About Google Chrome under the Tools menu to verify that your Chrome browser is up-to-date. (The wrench icon near the Chrome address bar indicates the Tools menu.) It can take some time before updates roll out to all Chrome users.

Advanced users and developers can also install specific plug-in versions of Flash Player. They can also install preview or release versions of Flash Player or run developer debugger versions of Flash Player.
You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off up the model village.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Apr 2015, 13:09

Diamond Dog wrote:Thanks Adam - that is bizarre! I'd just gone through that whole page and found it was the Active X filtering that was the problem! I came here to report back....and you'd beaten me to it!!

Thanks to one and all :)

That was what happened to me too! Had to disable the plug- in on my browser to get an update installed.

Return to “OK Computer?”