Site "locking people out"

Computer issues and app recommendations
Underwater
Now more than ever

Site "locking people out"

Postby Underwater » 18 Mar 2014, 23:12

I return from my submerged slumber to offer an advisory.

Our network has been refusing to access BCB for about a week. Naturally, I was called on regularly to service it, but no device in the house was able to access the site. Initially I chalked it up to DNS errors following the server move; after the third day I decided instead that it was something BT were aware of. Tonight I decided to take a closer look and, after an hour on the phone with BT where they insisted the site wasn't blacklisted or anything, I eventually found that rebooting the white OpenReach box fixed the issue.

Despite what Mr. Phone said, it was indeed a hardware issue.
Bear informs me that there are "six or seven people" who are having similar issues accessing the site; my advisory to anyone who is in contact with them would be, if they are on BT Infinity, to reboot both boxes they use to connect to the 'net; the Home Hub and the white OpenReach box typically located in close proximity to it.

I'm a little ashamed to think that I didn't try this sooner but in my defence, this has been the first time such a move has been warranted.

As you were...
Also, a tin teardrop

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Site "locking people out"

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Mar 2014, 13:47

You should put this in NDL too so people don't miss your helpful advice.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Re: Site "locking people out"

Postby jude » 19 Mar 2014, 17:22

Or an Admin should rename it to include the fact that it's a BT-specific issue, and make it one of those announcement-type things that appear at the top of every forum. At least for a while.

Assuming people can get here to read it, of course... :?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Return to “OK Computer?”