Burning from Itunes

Computer issues and app recommendations
whodathunkit

Burning from Itunes

Postby whodathunkit » 06 Mar 2014, 08:46

For about the last week, when I open up Itunes, I get the following message:-

"The Registry Settings used by the Itunes drivers for importing and burning CDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD Burning software. Please reinstall Itunes"

Clicking OK brings up Itunes and it all looks fine. Attempts to burn a playlist however brings up the message "Disc recording not found".

I followed the instuctions from the Apple site and have put in the upper and lower registry settings. They are there now despite what this bloody message keeps telling me,

Couple of things.

- I have uninstalled/reinstalled Itunes several times now
- I have two CD drives, a long dead internal one and an external removable one that I have used successfully up till now
- The drive still recognises, loads and plays CDs, It just wont burn a blank one.
- I have not installed any other CD burning software lately. As far as I know, I haven't changed anything lately.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm running out of techy advice sites all of which only seem to have the registry key fix to offer.

JQW

Re: Burning from Itunes

Postby JQW » 07 Mar 2014, 16:48

I had this issue once on a relative's PC. The fix was to download and install something called the GEAR driver, which was some burning software that's bundled with some PCs. I can't recall where I grabbed it from.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Re: Burning from Itunes

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 07 Mar 2014, 20:45

Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Return to “OK Computer?”