PC 'Tune Up'

Computer issues and app recommendations
Huw
Bloody Nincompoop

PC 'Tune Up'

Postby Huw » 19 Apr 2013, 18:40

Can anyone recommend a free programme to 'clean/tune up' my laptop.

Suddenly all programmes seem to be running slower and are not of smooth as they were a week ago. I did download an antivirus programme and since then I've had problems (for instance You Tube and BBC iPlayer are erratic). I removed the programme, but the damage seems to have been done :cry:

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Re: PC 'Tune Up'

Postby The Dríver » 25 Apr 2013, 14:57

There's something I've used in the past called (I think) WinOptimizer. That might do the trick, though create a System Restore point first.

In fact, doing a System Restore back to a prior date when everything was hunky dory may not be a bad starting point before you start downloading anything new..
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

JQW

Postby JQW » 26 Apr 2013, 15:54

CCleaner will remove all kinds of junk from your PC. It used to be a free download a couple of years ago.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Jun 2013, 08:22

Re youtube, I googled "why is youtube so slow" and the first entry was a youtube of a saavy-seeming guy complaining that youtube is too slow and he shows the problem stems from youtube and not his computer. It seems youtube is the problem and not your computer nor your server.
Question authority.

Huw
Bloody Nincompoop

Postby Huw » 21 Jul 2013, 12:40

JQW wrote:CCleaner will remove all kinds of junk from your PC. It used to be a free download a couple of years ago.

Got to say Paul, this programme is brilliant. Having run it my PC is 100% better than it was.

Thanks.

Return to “OK Computer?”