Saving in Windows 7

Computer issues and app recommendations
The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Saving in Windows 7

Postby The Dríver » 02 Apr 2013, 16:57

I have to save about a hundred images from a Word document and save them in a folder. Each time I try and save an image the Explorer window defaults back to the same place - the Pictures library folder. This is not where I want to save the images though.

On my PC, I'm sure Windows 'remembers' the save location so that I don't have to navigate to it every time.

For the purposes of getting this job done I'm saving them all in the 'wrong' place and will cut and paste them to the correct location afterwards, but as this behaviour seems to exist in other programs I assume there's a setting somewhere....
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Re: Saving in Windows 7

Postby jude » 02 Apr 2013, 17:58

What version of Word?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 02 Apr 2013, 23:03

Office 2010

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 02 Apr 2013, 23:20

This article relates to inserting images, not saving, but it might be worth a stab. Especially given that it contains:
Microsoft Word 2013 and 2010 do not provide an option to change the default picture location.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 03 Apr 2013, 15:33

Cheers - will have a read of that later.

I have to say that software which makes you conform to the way it does things rather than it doing what you want it to is right up there in my list of most hated things.

Return to “OK Computer?”