YouTube won't Play ?

Computer issues and app recommendations
Samoan

YouTube won't Play ?

Postby Samoan » 10 Feb 2013, 11:31

Just this weekend, YouTube has been acting up. No problems before.
It's a new laptop, had since early January.
Things I want to play/view just come to a halt after about 15 seconds.
I can't listen to anything on the Cup Lists. It's not a buffering thing....no spinning wheel...just nothing happening.

Google suggests it's ?? an Adobe issue ?? but I don't want to click on or download any malware if I search for Adobe on line

I'm going to run a full security scan, just in case, although I ran one early Friday
Last edited by Samoan on 10 Feb 2013, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

BlueMeanie

Re: YouTube won't play ball

Postby BlueMeanie » 10 Feb 2013, 11:36

YouTube vids are Flash files, are they not? You may want to update your flash player. Do it from the Adobe site and you won't have any risks from malware and the like.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Feb 2013, 12:14

BlueMeanie wrote:YouTube vids are Flash files, are they not? You may want to update your flash player. Do it from the Adobe site and you won't have any risks from malware and the like.

I have the site and am looking at the Flash section but I don't understand a word of what's written there or the tech language.

It says I have 11.3.378.5

I have Windows 8 - 64 bit and my browser is IE.

There is an 11.3.379.14 , which I presume is the most recent.
Last edited by Samoan on 11 Feb 2013, 12:42, edited 3 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 10 Feb 2013, 12:40

If you click the download button you should get a set of instructions on how to install/upgrade it.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Feb 2013, 12:48

Thank you very much however I can't fix this. I don't have the right computer technology mind set.

The Adobe update instructions are incomprehensible to me. I've got 8 windows open and am going round in circles.
Last edited by Samoan on 11 Feb 2013, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

watts

Re: YouTube won't Play ?

Postby watts » 10 Feb 2013, 15:02

What browser do you use? I ask because I had a similar problem with flash on my desktop earlier this month -- I use Chrome and the issue was that somehow Chrome had two versions of Flash. Removing both and downloading Flash again fixed the issue for me.
--m

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Feb 2013, 20:29

Everythings completely messed up. No Youtube or I Player

I don't understand what to do with the new Windows 8 OS. I've tried all I can do.

I'm think I'm going to have to get it professionaly fixed.

Uncle Spellbinder
My Spine Is The Bassline

Postby Uncle Spellbinder » 10 Feb 2013, 21:18

Well, I know what I'm about to say is of no real help, but...

Running Windows 8 64-Bit, I've yet to have a Flash issue with IE or Firefox. Chrome (from what I understand) has it's own Flash included in it's exe.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” - Frank Zappa

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Feb 2013, 22:16

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Well, I know what I'm about to say is of no real help, but...

Running Windows 8 64-Bit, I've yet to have a Flash issue with IE or Firefox. Chrome (from what I understand) has it's own Flash included in it's exe.

Thank you.
I've been working on it virtually all day and I've gone funny in the head,

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 12 Feb 2013, 11:21

I had this issue (or one very similar) on a Mac. It was to do with clicking a new version of youtube player (or something like that) I can't remember now but instructions are somewhere on 'tinternet. Just keep putting in phrases you think describe it and eventually something will turn up. It tells you how to go back to the old version.
At least - that worked for me.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Feb 2013, 12:30

Thanks, Prof.

I couldn't get past Step 4 of Adobe reinstallation process as I couldn't obey instruction to close my IE browser with this new fangled (to me) Windows 8 OS.
Anyhoo, as Sloop says, I've had it fixed. Apparently Adobe Flash Player was clashing, so not working, with something called ActiveEx.?

All fine now but I'm quite a few ££s lighter in the pocket.

Return to “OK Computer?”