Printer scanner combo advice

Computer issues and app recommendations
Billy

Printer scanner combo advice

Postby Billy » 16 Feb 2012, 16:09

Nothing fancy, nothing crap -- day to day use, bit of this, bit of that -- I suppose multiple inks or something that's cheap on ink would be a bonus ...

Any recommendations?

The Driver
Hippy Replacement

Re: Printer scanner combo advice

Postby The Driver » 17 Feb 2012, 12:21

I have an Epson Stylus SX515W which I got a couple of years ago. No longer available new, as printer models seem to get upgraded every 25 minutes or so, but there's (I think) the SX535W which I think is the current evolution.

Mine has separate ink cartridges (which I prefer), good print speed and (thus far) very reliable. Good B/W and colour copies, good scanner too (although I'm not a fan of the bundled scan software, but it does the job). Works networked or wireless, and if you want to print photos you can stick the SD card from your camera in a purpose-built slot - no PC required.
He's an idiot savant. Without the savant.

Billy

Postby Billy » 18 Feb 2012, 18:26

That's great Mr D, I was considering all those Epson models from the SX445 upwards ... too much choice sometimes --- I mean beans is beans, really?

Rory Bellows

Postby Rory Bellows » 20 Feb 2012, 21:09

Yeah, we've had the Epson SX415 for a while now and it's great.....nothin fancy
Krusty : "But you gotta come back Mel, we're a team!"
Mel : "No, Krusty. You always treated me rather shabbily. On our last show, you poured liquid nitrogen down my pants and cracked my buttocks with a hammer."