We are lepers

Who? What? When? Where? Gigs and more.
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50725
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

We are lepers

Postby C » 25 Jan 2011, 20:36

never/ever wrote:You don't know us. In fact this whole community don't want you to know us.
We are lepers. We are being shunned so, in turn, we shun them. We are the children in the attic. We are the eternal hibernators, shunning the daylight. We are being mocked, spat at, abused, all gathered here and thrown in this deep, deep well. Our hideous, disfigured bodies do not function, yet our centuries-old sharp minds are timeless. We are the Mystics, shamen of progressive music, wearers of capes, worship the Moog as a tabernacle and tub-thumpers are our saviours. We pray to the Power Of Yes and read the chapters of Genesis in our bibles. We silently congregate and through the combined powers of our oversized brains we leave these trails of progness, as a means to communicate with the outside world. Yet we remain hidden. But not silent.
And when our captors aren't looking we sometimes flip them the finger and post something here that is not prog. We laugh and smile in our beards and for one fleeting moment all is well within our worlds.

Welcome, my child. Welcome.


This still cracks me up.

A brilliant piece of writing






.
fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: We are lepers

Postby soundchaser » 25 Jan 2011, 20:45

I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23666
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: We are lepers

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2011, 21:01

We are stardust
we are golden.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15927
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: We are lepers

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2011, 01:16

And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.....

Image
Last edited by Loki on 26 Jan 2011, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35360
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: We are lepers

Postby kath » 26 Jan 2011, 05:57

The Rokster wrote:I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D


maybe he was a fruit-of-the-loom guy before his time.

Image

then again, maybe not.

p.s. we are what we is.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: We are lepers

Postby soundchaser » 26 Jan 2011, 09:40

kath wrote:
The Rokster wrote:I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D


maybe he was a fruit-of-the-loom guy before his time.

Image

then again, maybe not.

p.s. we are what we is.


:lol:

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50725
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: We are lepers

Postby C » 26 Jan 2011, 18:25

Loki wrote:And we've got to get back to the garden.....

Image


:lol:





.
fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15927
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: We are lepers

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2011, 22:52

I got the lyric wrong. :(


:roll:
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50725
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: We are lepers

Postby C » 22 Feb 2011, 20:35

Carlsson wrote:
never/ever wrote:You don't know us. In fact this whole community don't want you to know us.
We are lepers. We are being shunned so, in turn, we shun them. We are the children in the attic. We are the eternal hibernators, shunning the daylight. We are being mocked, spat at, abused, all gathered here and thrown in this deep, deep well. Our hideous, disfigured bodies do not function, yet our centuries-old sharp minds are timeless. We are the Mystics, shamen of progressive music, wearers of capes, worship the Moog as a tabernacle and tub-thumpers are our saviours. We pray to the Power Of Yes and read the chapters of Genesis in our bibles. We silently congregate and through the combined powers of our oversized brains we leave these trails of progness, as a means to communicate with the outside world. Yet we remain hidden. But not silent.
And when our captors aren't looking we sometimes flip them the finger and post something here that is not prog. We laugh and smile in our beards and for one fleeting moment all is well within our worlds.

Welcome, my child. Welcome.


This still cracks me up.

A brilliant piece of writing






.


*bump*






.
fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50725
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: We are lepers

Postby C » 01 Mar 2011, 06:28

Carlsson wrote:
Carlsson wrote:
never/ever wrote:You don't know us. In fact this whole community don't want you to know us.
We are lepers. We are being shunned so, in turn, we shun them. We are the children in the attic. We are the eternal hibernators, shunning the daylight. We are being mocked, spat at, abused, all gathered here and thrown in this deep, deep well. Our hideous, disfigured bodies do not function, yet our centuries-old sharp minds are timeless. We are the Mystics, shamen of progressive music, wearers of capes, worship the Moog as a tabernacle and tub-thumpers are our saviours. We pray to the Power Of Yes and read the chapters of Genesis in our bibles. We silently congregate and through the combined powers of our oversized brains we leave these trails of progness, as a means to communicate with the outside world. Yet we remain hidden. But not silent.
And when our captors aren't looking we sometimes flip them the finger and post something here that is not prog. We laugh and smile in our beards and for one fleeting moment all is well within our worlds.

Welcome, my child. Welcome.


This still cracks me up.

A brilliant piece of writing






.


*bump*






.


*bump*




.
fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!

Bungo the Mungo

Re: We are lepers

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 25 Mar 2011, 18:26

*bump*