Ticket for Doobie Brothers and ZZ Top

Who? What? When? Where? Gigs and more.
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Ticket for Doobie Brothers and ZZ Top

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Oct 2010, 14:43

Hello everybody,

I bought a ticket to see Doobie Brothers on a double bill with ZZ Top. All I know by ZZ Top is "Viva Las Vegas". Should I stay for ZZ Top or go home early?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Nolamike

Re: Ticket for Doobie Brothers and ZZ Top

Postby Nolamike » 12 Oct 2010, 14:58

GoogaMooga wrote:Hello everybody,

I bought a ticket to see Doobie Brothers on a double bill with ZZ Top. All I know by ZZ Top is "Viva Las Vegas". Should I stay for ZZ Top or go home early?

ZZ Top are better than the Doobies, especially in the Doobies' current incarnation (every current member joined after '78).
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Oct 2010, 15:06

Actually, there are four original members in the current Doobie Brothers, but no Michael McDonald, who has got a successful solo career. My favorite DB period is with McDonald, the Grammy winning period!

I'll stay for ZZ Top, but I doubt I'll like them better than DB, we shall see... :)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 12 Oct 2010, 15:08

GoogaMooga wrote:Actually, there are four original members in the current Doobie Brothers, but no Michael McDonald, who has got a successful solo career. My favorite DB period is with McDonald, the Grammy winning period!

Are you sure about that? They played here a week ago for a big festival, and the paper had an article on 'em. It said that of the four "official" members of the band, only two were "original," and both of those joined post '78. My memory could be messed up, though.

Oh, and re ZZ Top, check out the Tres Hombres thread in Yakety Yak. There's some videos showing how great they can be.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Oct 2010, 15:27

Nolamike wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:Actually, there are four original members in the current Doobie Brothers, but no Michael McDonald, who has got a successful solo career. My favorite DB period is with McDonald, the Grammy winning period!

Are you sure about that? They played here a week ago for a big festival, and the paper had an article on 'em. It said that of the four "official" members of the band, only two were "original," and both of those joined post '78. My memory could be messed up, though.

Oh, and re ZZ Top, check out the Tres Hombres thread in Yakety Yak. There's some videos showing how great they can be.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. :)

Return to “What goes on”