Cathal Coughlan - new album, shows

Who? What? When? Where? Gigs and more.
McBastard

Cathal Coughlan - new album, shows

Postby McBastard » 19 Jun 2010, 11:24

Cathal Coughlan is an Irish singer and songwriter who has been based in the UK for over two decades. He releases his fifth and latest album, Rancho Tetrahedron, on Kitchenware in August.

He was also a member of the groups Microdisney and The Fatima Mansions, with each of which he recorded several albums and toured internationally.

The new album was recorded in various locations in London, California and Ireland, and contains 12 new songs. The album was recorded by various people, including Oliver Knights of Turin Brakes (who also sang), Andy Ramsay of Stereolab and Coughlan himself. Mixing, fittingly, ended in The Black Heart Procession’s studio, adjoining the freight airport in San Diego, Xmas ‘09. It was freezing cold and, periodically, booming sound-systems would circle the empty parking lot outside. A giant East German flag decorated the wall.

Cathal Coughlan will be performing both with the group heard on his last 4 albums, the Grand Necropolitan Quintet, and solo, in the UK and Ireland this autumn.

Shows:
Bush Hall, London (w/ Grand Necropolitan Quintet), Sept 7.
Whelan's, Dublin (w/ Grand Necropolitan Quintet), Sept 11.
Pavilion, Cork (CC solo), Sept 12.

I'm seriously thinking of going to the London gig, and have pretty much figured out the travel arrangements. Looks like I'll be going on my own though.
May the Lord have mercy on Stringy Bob

McBastard

Re: Cathal Coughlan - new album, shows

Postby McBastard » 26 Jun 2010, 20:20

All booked up - anyone care to join me?
May the Lord have mercy on Stringy Bob

Return to “What goes on”