A little Rufus goes a long way....

Who? What? When? Where? Gigs and more.
Hag-man

A little Rufus goes a long way....

Postby Hag-man » 22 May 2011, 09:58

See http://www.spincds.com/blog/2011/04/14/ ... -disc-box/

"Details are just emerging about the forthcoming Rufus box set, House Of Rufus. Set for release on July 18, this beautifully packaged 19 disc box set spans Rufus' entire career and represents the most complete collection of Rufus Wainwright recordings to date. House of Rufus contains: 6 studio albums: Rufus Wainwright, Poses, Want One, Want Two, Release The Stars and All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu, all now with additionl previously unreleased bonus material. 2 concerts on CD: Milwaukee at Last!!! and the legendary Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall (2CD), now with previously unreleased songs from the show. 4 additional CDs: Disc 1 features previously unreleased songs and rarities. Disc 2 contains many of the songs Rufus has recorded for soundtracks including, "Hallelujah" from the film Shrek. Disc 3 is drawn from Rufus' collaborations with friends and family members such as Leonard Cohen, Teddy Thompson, Loudon Wainwright III, Martha Wainwright, Kate and Anna McGarrigle, The Pet Shop Boys, and Burt Bacharach. Disc 4 is made up of the demos from the tape which secured Rufus his first record deal. 6 DVDs: Live at Fillmore, Rufus Does Judy at the London Palladium, Milwaukee at Last!!!, Release The Stars album commentary and live performance and two feature length documentaries, All I Want and Prima Donna: The Making of An Opera. All of this will be housed in a beautiful red velvet encased, 90-page hardback book containing rare and unseen photos, Rufus' early hand-drawn tour posters, handwritten lyrics, four art prints and other memorabilia, extensive sleeve notes featuring interviews with Neil Tennant, Martha Wainwright, Linda Thompson and Lenny Waronker and an introduction by Rufus..."
Avant-garde? It's French for 'bullshit' - J. Lennon, 1965.

Chunky wrote: I'm a country member. I don't need to remember; I'm constantly reminded.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: A little Rufus goes a long way....

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 May 2011, 22:12

slurp
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “What goes on”