Gurgling, Blurry, Musical Messes

BCBers plug your own band, label, radio show, magazine, website here along with other stuff that might be interesting.
teenageriot-1

Gurgling, Blurry, Musical Messes

Postby teenageriot-1 » 13 Jun 2017, 19:08

I love going to shows but one of my biggest pet peeves is people who spend their whole time on their phones while the band is playing. Be it whether they're recording, taking pictures, or even just dicking around with it. I do it too from time to time but so I wont be a hypocrite, I only take a quick burst of pictures without worrying about blurriness or a steady hand. These are just a few of them, hope you enjoy them.
"I'm always happy. I'm my mother's daughter!" - Jamie Buchman

teenageriot-1

Re: Gurgling, Blurry, Musical Messes

Postby teenageriot-1 » 13 Jun 2017, 19:16

Morrissey at FYF Fest, 8/23/2015

Second night at FYF Fest, he came out after Belle & Sebastian (who were also great) and was incredible. I was rather close to the front and when he came out, the audience bum rushed the stage and we were all incredibly squeezed in. He played 'Meat is Murder' with his PETA video in the background and I saw a handful of people visibly crying in the audience. Quick side note, there was this bitch with this enormous iPad recording the entire set and blocking everyone's view. I really wanted to throw my water bottle at her but it was so crowded that I was sure it would hit someone else.

teenageriot-1

Postby teenageriot-1 » 13 Jun 2017, 19:38

Neutral Milk Hotel at the Hollywood Bowl, 9/18/2014

Daniel Johnston and The Breeders opened up. Missed a decent chunk of Johnston's set 'cause traffic was a nightmare. Got really wasted on this one. Rolled a fat blunt and ended up forgetting my lighter at home. Stopped at a CVS on the way to the show and was told that they didn't sell lighters anymore because they stopped selling cigarette paraphernalia, as if that's the only reason to use a lighter. :roll:
Anyways, I ended joining a smoking circle I came across and got really high right when NMH came on. The set was phenomenal, they played all the songs I wanted and ended it up with Two-Headed Boy, Part Two which left me all choked up. Yeah, they did Engine as an encore but dammit, Two-Headed Boy, Part Two brought the/my house down.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 19 Jun 2017, 19:16

teenageriot-1 wrote:Image

Morrissey at FYF Fest, 8/23/2015

Second night at FYF Fest, he came out after Belle & Sebastian (who were also great) and was incredible. I was rather close to the front and when he came out, the audience bum rushed the stage and we were all incredibly squeezed in. He played 'Meat is Murder' with his PETA video in the background and I saw a handful of people visibly crying in the audience. Quick side note, there was this bitch with this enormous iPad recording the entire set and blocking everyone's view. I really wanted to throw my water bottle at her but it was so crowded that I was sure it would hit someone else.

Who's the person on the screen?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

teenageriot-1

Postby teenageriot-1 » 20 Jun 2017, 20:26

pcqgod wrote:Who's the person on the screen?

The Queen. She was in attendance and the camera kept panning to her.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Jun 2017, 23:04

teenageriot-1 wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Who's the person on the screen?

The Queen. She was in attendance and the camera kept panning to her.

Ah, of course!
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

teenageriot-1

Postby teenageriot-1 » 22 Jun 2017, 06:31

GZA/Genius at the Novo, 5/29/2016

It was a $5 show and he was performing Liquid Swords. Such a great show only shadowed by such a horrid audience. They booed furiously at the DJ when he played anything past 2004, they booed furiously at all the opening acts (as if they thought that only GZA was performing?), just shitty people all around. But GZA was the tits. Did some ODB tracks, some Inspectah Deck tracks. The second he came out, everybody sparked up. I was kinda out of it already but I snuck in a blunt too and it threw me over the edge. It was the last time I recall that I lost my footing and almost ate shit.

Return to “My Way”