Duke Street Kings

BCBers plug your own band, label, radio show, magazine, website here along with other stuff that might be interesting.
Geoff
Abba Fan

Duke Street Kings

Postby Geoff » 31 Jul 2015, 18:54

My second novel is off press and ready for market. That only took a dozen years. Of interest to BCBers will be a scene set in a pub in which my characters play Slider's travel North America via song lyrics game: players move around a map between adjacent states & provinces referencing place names. You've probably already noted that I lifted the title from Springsteen's 'Backstreets.' More details and information are available on my blog: meGeoff.blogspot.ca.
megeoff.blogspot.ca

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Re: Duke Street Kings

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 10 May 2016, 11:57

Geoff wrote:My second novel is off press and ready for market. That only took a dozen years. Of interest to BCBers will be a scene set in a pub in which my characters play Slider's travel North America via song lyrics game: players move around a map between adjacent states & provinces referencing place names. You've probably already noted that I lifted the title from Springsteen's 'Backstreets.' More details and information are available on my blog: meGeoff.blogspot.ca.

So if I write a novel using Slider's game am I plagiarising?

But well done on gettiing the new book sorted out.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Geoff
Abba Fan

Postby Geoff » 14 May 2016, 18:22

Gruntbuggly wrote:
Geoff wrote:My second novel is off press and ready for market. That only took a dozen years. Of interest to BCBers will be a scene set in a pub in which my characters play Slider's travel North America via song lyrics game: players move around a map between adjacent states & provinces referencing place names. You've probably already noted that I lifted the title from Springsteen's 'Backstreets.' More details and information are available on my blog: meGeoff.blogspot.ca.

So if I write a novel using Slider's game am I plagiarising?

But well done on gettiing the new book sorted out.

Thank you. Can't tell you if sales are abysmal or just dismal.
megeoff.blogspot.ca

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 14 May 2016, 20:10

I missed this news last year. Yes it has been a few years since we met and talked about it outside The Kings Head. I will look it up on Amazon etc.
[indistinct chatter]

Return to “My Way”