Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen: Section 3

BCBers plug your own band, label, radio show, magazine, website here along with other stuff that might be interesting.
linusoli
Spaced Cowboy

Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen: Section 3

Postby linusoli » 07 Feb 2013, 01:41

Hey all,
Haven't had much time or left-over music energy to post on BCB in a while, and I want to share part of the reason why. For the last 2 and a half years, I've been growing a recording studio that I started and run, which has given growth to the expansion of a community of bands of like-minded musical explorers that all record there. The studio is called Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen, and we call it MCFK in the community. At this point I've worked with over 30 different groups. We function somewhat like a record label, without actually paying for the recordings or being responsible for releasing the music. But we do promotional campaigns for every release that comes out of there, and regular live showcases around NYC featuring the bands. Anyway, it's hard to describe in a way that doesn't sound sort of dry. But we just released a free online compilation on Bandcamp, featuring 23 groups that have new MCFK music to showcase. I produced, engineered and mixed all the tracks on it, and played or sang on a number of them too. I really think there's something in here for everyone, so if you're interested it all please give it a shot and let me know what you think!

http://mamacocos.bandcamp.com/album/mam ... -section-3
Interviewer: So what did you do in the tent?
Brian Wilson: Ate sandwiches.
Brian's friend: Basically we smoked a lot of hash.

Return to “My Way”