David Kilminster, Guitarist on Roger Waters’ The Wall Tour

BCBers plug your own band, label, radio show, magazine, website here along with other stuff that might be interesting.
glassonyonpr

David Kilminster, Guitarist on Roger Waters’ The Wall Tour

Postby glassonyonpr » 30 Nov 2012, 02:34

For Immediate Release

David Kilminster, Guitarist on Roger Waters’ The Wall Tour, Releases Debut Solo CD 'Scarlet – The Director's Cut'

London, UK - Guitar virtuoso David Kilminster, best known for his work with Roger Waters and Keith Emerson, has released his debut solo CD titled 'Scarlet – The Director's Cut'. David's radical techniques and mesmerizing sounds have captivated fans and fellow musicians alike worldwide. Named “Guitarist of the Year” by Guitar Magazine in 1991, the recognition propelled him on a super-charged career as a multifaceted guitarist, vocalist, writer, engineer, and producer. Credited by keyboard legend Keith Emerson for inspiring him to go on the road again, David is a familiar figure worldwide to fans of progressive rock. And now, much to the elation of his fans, David is releasing an innovative new CD that will amaze all who listen!!

Says David about his new CD, “I guess the album 'Scarlet – The Director's Cut' is just a reflection of all the wonderful music that I grew up listening to on the radio, along with some deeply personal lyrics. It also represents the first time that I've ever been let loose in a studio, so I was definitely like a kid in a candy store!!! Hence trying a whole bunch of things I've never done before...like singing lead vocals, playing piano and even scoring for a string quartet!”

Fans and critics agree that David Kilminster is one of the most extraordinary talents to emerge from the UK. He is a sought after collaborator, band member and solo performer. After touring for a number of years with such luminaries as John Wetton, Geoff Downes, Carl Palmer, and ELP keyboard Keith Emerson, in 2006 David went on the road with Pink Floyd's Roger Waters as lead guitarist and vocalist in the extraordinary global staging of 'The Dark Side of the Moon'. More recently David was seen atop a thirty foot wall playing guitar on Roger Waters 'The Wall - Live' tour, which became the highest grossing tour of the year, playing to over 3 million people worldwide!!

David's work is in a class by itself, encompassing technical mastery and enormous power. His vast musical influences are strongly felt on his new album. Says David, “I have a very eclectic list of influences. Musically, it's anywhere from Debussy to Bjork, Chet Baker to Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley to Queen...it's all in there, mixed up in my own unique way...” As far as the title goes, David explains, “I really love the provocative images that the word 'Scarlet' conjures up in my head... it's a very passionate color, and brings to mind characters such as 'Scarlet O'Hara' in 'Gone With The Wind', 'The Scarlet Woman' (the goddess from the mystical system of Thelema), Scarlet Johansson (very cute!!)... and also the Sir Conan Doyle book 'A Study In Scarlet', which I believe is where Sherlock Holmes was first introduced. In a way the last reference seems particularly apt, as I feel like this album is my first real introduction into the world of music...”

In closing David has this to impart to his fans and listeners, “There's so much of my heart, soul, passion and energy in this recording... you can almost see my DNA in the grooves of the CD!!! So I really hope you enjoy the listening experience...”

To purchase David Kilminster 'Scarlet – The Director's Cut': http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=3897

For more information: http://davidkilminster.com/

Jumper k

Re: David Kilminster, Guitarist on Roger Waters’ The Wall To

Postby Jumper k » 31 Jan 2013, 06:45

Lovin' the Debussy/Marley/Bjork synthesis. Scarlet is certainy evocative. Usually of a dog's dick.

Return to “My Way”