Teaser from Upcoming Ghost Pal LP

BCBers plug your own band, label, radio show, magazine, website here along with other stuff that might be interesting.
linusoli
Spaced Cowboy

Teaser from Upcoming Ghost Pal LP

Postby linusoli » 26 Dec 2011, 15:49

Hi all,
sorry for invading this space with all my Ghost Pal posts. As always I just highly respect and trust the ears here. I didn't post our christmas song because it was a throwaway and I didn't think a huge amount of it. (I suppose it was cute enough for christmas, I kept telling myself throughout the process). But I do want to post this, which is a rough mix of an unfinished track that's going on our upcoming debut LP (we have been a singles band up to now), "Nathan Jones is Dead." It's a really heavy rock operatic type thing about a kid who commits suicide and winds up a ghost, less happy than ever before, wandering around for hundreds of years before finding some salvation in the release of the skeleton dance he stumbles upon somewhere in Hades. It's sort of hard to explain. But this track comes near the end, when he tries to regain his humanity by falling in love with a living girl. They have an affair, although thy can not each other, but when the girl's father catches wind he has her committed to an insane asylum and the ghost is left shaking, angry and alone. Cheerful stuff right! There actually is a lot of sardonic humor in the telling of this story.
This is, as I said, the instrumental. It's missing all vocals, some guitars, keyboards, and additional bells and whistles. It does however include a string arrangement which we scored and recorded and are all very proud of.
http://ghostpal.bandcamp.com/track/ghos ... lp-version

Hope you enjoy! The LP should be done by March. Hopefully it'll be as good as we hope.
Interviewer: So what did you do in the tent?
Brian Wilson: Ate sandwiches.
Brian's friend: Basically we smoked a lot of hash.

Quaco
F R double E

Re: Teaser from Upcoming Ghost Pal LP

Postby Quaco » 26 Dec 2011, 18:30

linusoli wrote:It's sort of hard to explain.

:)

The arrangement sounds great. Tinges of ELO's "Kuiama" almost? (I'm guessing not intentional!) The album sounds really cool, if this is anything to go by.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Molony

Re: Teaser from Upcoming Ghost Pal LP

Postby Molony » 07 Jan 2012, 17:44

Yes, I always like the stuff that you post. This instrumental shares that uncluttered, almost 'live' production sound that I like too. Looking forward to the album.

Return to “My Way”