Strummer
30%
Lennon
70%

Total votes: 30

jim courier

Re: Strummer V Lennon.

Postby jim courier » 03 Apr 2013, 23:56

Imagine is one of the most cynically wrote pieces of a crap ever.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Apr 2013, 23:59

The Homosexual Lobby wrote:
Remember (Quaco) wrote:This relates to the other Clash vs. VU thread. The Clash really seemed like the band you'd want to create, one that was relevant and passionate and stuck to their principles and was there for the people, and so on. I've never grown to love their music, but they have that feeling to me. Sort of the ultimate band you'd talk about forming with your friends.

I've always said the same thing about the Minutemen.

As principled as it gets (shit, Watt even talks about using pillows as "fart cushions" in the van and then swapping them out for fresh ones at hotels!).

Hotels?! Real revolutionaries sleep under the van!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Piggly Wiggly

Postby Piggly Wiggly » 04 Apr 2013, 00:01

Snarfyguy wrote:
The Homosexual Lobby wrote:
Remember (Quaco) wrote:This relates to the other Clash vs. VU thread. The Clash really seemed like the band you'd want to create, one that was relevant and passionate and stuck to their principles and was there for the people, and so on. I've never grown to love their music, but they have that feeling to me. Sort of the ultimate band you'd talk about forming with your friends.

I've always said the same thing about the Minutemen.

As principled as it gets (shit, Watt even talks about using pillows as "fart cushions" in the van and then swapping them out for fresh ones at hotels!).

Hotels?! Real revolutionaries sleep under the van!

Yeah, it sounded a bit fucking bourgeois to me as well.

Return to “Yakety Yak”