Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Do talk back
User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50279
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby German Dave » 11 Dec 2017, 23:08

BalticFox wrote:Here are my top twenty tracks of all time:

1. Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

2. Gloria - Shadows of Knight

3. Light My Fire - Doors

4. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night - Electric Prunes

5. Paint It Black - Rolling Stones

6. Hard Day's Night - Beatles

7. 96 Tears - ? & the Mysterians

8. Heart Full of Soul - Yardbirds

9. Wild Thing - Troggs

10. Psychotic Reaction - Count Five

11. It's My Life - Animals

12. Louie Louie - Kingsmen

13. Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire

14. Happy Jack - Who

15. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

16. All Day and All of the Night - Kinks

17. Surfin' Bird - Trashmen

18. Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

19. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

20. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin


8-)

Anyone else bold enough to give it a try?



Wow, that's a pretty narrow list.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
nev harp
cultural defective
Posts: 14405
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: on parole

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby nev harp » 11 Dec 2017, 23:32

He’s Canadian.
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

User avatar
Dayodead
Posts: 185
Joined: 15 May 2015, 21:39

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Dayodead » 12 Dec 2017, 05:40

The answer is No...Not even sure I could knock it down limiting it to singles only...or even per decade...

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Fonz » 12 Dec 2017, 14:57

My 'Top 20' tracks wouldn't necessarily be my 'Desert Island Top 20'. A Desert island selection would be wilfully diverse, just to keep some variety, year after year, with nothing else to do, except start arguments with myself 8-)

My top 20 would be a load of Van Halen and Zappa.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15154
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Loki » 28 Dec 2017, 13:06

Fonz wrote:My top 20 would be a load of Van Halen and Zappa.


:x
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
OCT
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14839
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby OCT » 28 Dec 2017, 13:35

German Dave wrote:
BalticFox wrote:Here are my top twenty tracks of all time:

1. Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

2. Gloria - Shadows of Knight

3. Light My Fire - Doors

4. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night - Electric Prunes

5. Paint It Black - Rolling Stones

6. Hard Day's Night - Beatles

7. 96 Tears - ? & the Mysterians

8. Heart Full of Soul - Yardbirds

9. Wild Thing - Troggs

10. Psychotic Reaction - Count Five

11. It's My Life - Animals

12. Louie Louie - Kingsmen

13. Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire

14. Happy Jack - Who

15. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

16. All Day and All of the Night - Kinks

17. Surfin' Bird - Trashmen

18. Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

19. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

20. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin


8-)

Anyone else bold enough to give it a try?



Wow, that's a pretty narrow list.


White boys with guitars! How RACIST!
The Great Defector wrote:I don't go to plays, just something I don't get about plays. The Macbeths I seen were for school.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30619
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Goat Boy » 28 Dec 2017, 14:24

The Stooges - Little Doll
Todd Rundgren - Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel
Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
Roxy Music - Mother of Pearl
Bo Diddley - Pretty Thing
The Band - Chest Fever
Ike and Tina Turner - I'll Never Need More Than This
U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
The 13th Floor Elevators - Roller Coaster
Brian Eno - On Some Faraway Beach
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Public Enemy - Caught, Can We Get A Witness?
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Ronettes - Do I Love You?
Steely Dan - Showbiz Kids
Sparks - Thank God It's Not Christmas
The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Roy Orbison - It's Over
New York Dolls - Trash
Jimbo wrote:I'm on a we never went to the moon video tear these days - and it looks like we didn't.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50279
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby German Dave » 28 Dec 2017, 14:31

Alma Cogent wrote:
White boys with guitars! How RACIST!


Bit touchy, aren't you Coan? It's not even your list. :roll:
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33869
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby PENK » 28 Dec 2017, 14:33

German Dave wrote:
Alma Cogent wrote:
White boys with guitars! How RACIST!


Bit touchy, aren't you Coan? It's not even your list. :roll:


It could be, though, couldn't it?
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50279
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby German Dave » 28 Dec 2017, 14:36

PENK wrote:
It could be, though, couldn't it?


Good point. :|
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Fonz » 28 Dec 2017, 14:40

Loki wrote:
Fonz wrote:My top 20 would be a load of Van Halen and Zappa.


:x


...with maybe a Danzig song for good measure
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
OCT
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14839
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby OCT » 28 Dec 2017, 14:44

German Dave wrote:
Alma Cogent wrote:
White boys with guitars! How RACIST!


Bit touchy, aren't you Coan? It's not even your list. :roll:


I've heard this one from you before - a Cup list (or two) a while back.
The Great Defector wrote:I don't go to plays, just something I don't get about plays. The Macbeths I seen were for school.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50279
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby German Dave » 28 Dec 2017, 15:24

Alma Cogent wrote:I've heard this one from you before - a Cup list (or two) a while back.


Did I say it was racist?
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15154
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Loki » 28 Dec 2017, 23:59

Fonz wrote:
Loki wrote:
Fonz wrote:My top 20 would be a load of Van Halen and Zappa.


:x


...with maybe a Danzig song for good measure

That's more like it! :D


Image
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
The Modernist
Posts: 9946
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby The Modernist » 29 Dec 2017, 00:03

German Dave wrote:
Alma Cogent wrote:I've heard this one from you before - a Cup list (or two) a while back.


Did I say it was racist?


It was the year Coan picked Screwdriver.

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50279
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby German Dave » 29 Dec 2017, 00:44

The Modernist wrote: Screwdriver.


Time for a reappraisal?
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
fange
Posts: 11405
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby fange » 29 Dec 2017, 01:05

German Dave wrote:
BalticFox wrote:Here are my top twenty tracks of all time:

1. Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

2. Gloria - Shadows of Knight

3. Light My Fire - Doors

4. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night - Electric Prunes

5. Paint It Black - Rolling Stones

6. Hard Day's Night - Beatles

7. 96 Tears - ? & the Mysterians

8. Heart Full of Soul - Yardbirds

9. Wild Thing - Troggs

10. Psychotic Reaction - Count Five

11. It's My Life - Animals

12. Louie Louie - Kingsmen

13. Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire

14. Happy Jack - Who

15. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

16. All Day and All of the Night - Kinks

17. Surfin' Bird - Trashmen

18. Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

19. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

20. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin


8-)

Anyone else bold enough to give it a try?



Wow, that's a pretty narrow list.


There's no denying it's a very narraw list musically; all rock, including 3 songs by one group, and all recorded within about a 10-year period.
No value judgements need be attached, either about the quality of the music on there or the person who chose them. But facts are facts.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 11576
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Rayge » 29 Dec 2017, 12:14

fange wrote:
German Dave wrote:Wow, that's a pretty narrow list.


There's no denying it's a very narrw list musically; all rock, including 3 songs by one group, and all recorded within about a 10-year period.

Fewer than seven years, as it happens. Exactly corresponding to BF's teenage years, I would guess.
KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
fange
Posts: 11405
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby fange » 29 Dec 2017, 14:15

A reasonable guess.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Your top twenty tracks? Can you do it?

Postby Robert » 29 Dec 2017, 20:42

Only read the first page but had the 1970’s even started for BCB in 2010??