C
Robust

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 18 Feb 2021, 12:33

robertff wrote:WP

NP

Starting with some JT today.

Two great albums

LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

robertff

Postby robertff » 18 Feb 2021, 16:53

WP

Not their best but pretty good nonetheless. Some brooding soulfulness from PR, the usual economic but potent guitar from PK and that great rhythm section.

NP

Pretty good ending to what was a great band, shame K wasn’t really there and Fraser had gone but a good album no less.

And then came Bad Company.

Last edited by robertff on 18 Feb 2021, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Feb 2021, 17:02

Speaking of Tull, one of those SW box sets - this one for A - is arriving in April.

https://theseconddisc.com/2021/02/17/batteries-not-included-rhino-chrysalis-reissue-jethro-tulls-a-in-40th-anniversary-box/

I'm not a fan of the album, but I did enjoy the tour. This is probably the last one of these I'll pick up.

robertff

Postby robertff » 18 Feb 2021, 17:11

Charlie O. wrote:Speaking of Tull, one of those SW box sets - this one for A - is arriving in April.

https://theseconddisc.com/2021/02/17/batteries-not-included-rhino-chrysalis-reissue-jethro-tulls-a-in-40th-anniversary-box/

I'm not a fan of the album, but I did enjoy the tour. This is probably the last one of these I'll pick up.

These sets look great but I’ve given up buying them as I never seem to play anything else other than the original album after a single listen, or not even that, to the other stuff. My loss.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 18 Feb 2021, 17:28

robertff wrote:

Never mind, all good things come to an end. What a totally uninspiring band. No more melodic Fraser bass lines, heartfelt Kossoff guitar lines, Rogers cock rock lyrics whilst re imagining himself as Otis Redding....just a cash cow for the American audience.

robertff

Postby robertff » 18 Feb 2021, 19:06

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:

Never mind, all good things come to an end. What a totally uninspiring band. No more melodic Fraser bass lines, heartfelt Kossoff guitar lines, Rogers cock rock lyrics whilst re imagining himself as Otis Redding....just a cash cow for the American audience.

They weren’t Free but the first two albums were pretty good, diminishing returns after that.

robertff

Postby robertff » 18 Feb 2021, 19:08

NP

Broad church.

Excellent album.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 18 Feb 2021, 19:33

Moongarden - Round Midnight

Italian band, not RPI, much more Camel, with a bit of Radiohead. Generally symphonic.

Haven’t listened to them for a couple of years but this popped up on a shuffle play and boy did it sound good. Not exactly uplifting content, the theme is the loneliness of living in a big city.

Excellent track.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 18 Feb 2021, 20:28

Lord Rother wrote:Moongarden - Round Midnight

Italian band, not RPI, much more Camel, with a bit of Radiohead. Generally symphonic.

Haven’t listened to them for a couple of years but this popped up on a shuffle play and boy did it sound good. Not exactly uplifting content, the theme is the loneliness of living in a big city.

Excellent track.

I enjoyed the music/band very much, but not the vocal effect used for the first couple of minutes. Much better from the third minute onwards! Hopefully get around to trying some more from them in the next week, shall add them to my list. Thanks.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 18 Feb 2021, 20:34

WP

So good I played it twice.

Then

Just the pastoral, which is really his war requiem. Magnificent.

Followed by

OOOF!

NP

Really hitting the spot tonight. A cracker.

C
Robust

Postby C » 19 Feb 2021, 20:04

robertff wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:Speaking of Tull, one of those SW box sets - this one for A - is arriving in April.

These sets look great but I’ve given up buying them as I never seem to play anything else other than the original album after a single listen, or not even that, to the other stuff. My loss.

I'm exactly the same Rob

I played the extra stuff once and that was it.

I've said it before but if the live concert was sold separately then I would buy it.

The A tour was very good and I saw them at The Royal Albert Hall when Eddie ran up the stairs to play the Hall's organ!

And yes Rob, the two Free albums contained some good stuff

Poor old Koss...

LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

C
Robust

Postby C » 19 Feb 2021, 20:09

John aka Josh wrote:
Followed by

OOOF!

NP

Really hitting the spot tonight. A cracker.

Incredible albums.

And there are so many more of equal stature - Imaginary Voyage and Aurora immediately come to mind

And JJ - you'd love this one from 1969:

NP

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 19 Feb 2021, 20:33

charlie speaks my mind.

(i loved that tour. that was the tour when i took every drug known to humankind, sans needle-types, and i wound up... stone cold straight. mwhaha.)

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 19 Feb 2021, 20:36

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:

They weren’t Free but the first two albums were pretty good, diminishing returns after that.

i am more of a free freak, but i dug the first four bad co albums.

then again, i *am* american, mwhaha.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Feb 2021, 21:55

On Progzilla radio.... (not being knowledgeable of his stuff, I think it is this set, hard to be sure. Recorded December 1976 anyway.)

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Feb 2021, 22:01

Earlier

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Feb 2021, 22:24

This Fields is not the UK band, rather a 1 album US psyche blues soul prog kind of thing from 1969.

Epic and rambling but I find this track very appealing!

robertff

Postby robertff » 20 Feb 2021, 12:30

Lord Rother wrote:This Fields is not the UK band, rather a 1 album US psyche blues soul prog kind of thing from 1969.

Amazingly, I’ve actually got this album LR.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 20 Feb 2021, 13:14

robertff wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:This Fields is not the UK band, rather a 1 album US psyche blues soul prog kind of thing from 1969.

Amazingly, I’ve actually got this album LR.

Not too many can say that I suspect!

What do you think about it?

C
Robust

Postby C » 20 Feb 2021, 14:01