REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5746
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 11 Jun 2020, 19:03

C wrote:
robertff wrote:Image


Image

One good


.


I played these two yesterday- they are not very good - are they? [sorry kath]

Which was the one you rated good Rob?

They both have about one decent track that really grabbed me and the rest just washed over me.
I just can't connect with them. My loss, I am sure.

A far cry from the debut, Argus, The Rub and even Pilgrimage and 4 I would suggest....

NP

Image
.



Quite like New England C. and of course Front Page News and No Smoke Without Fire. Front Page is always my go to after Argus.

.

User avatar
Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies
Posts: 10372
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:36
Location: In the deepest ocean, bottom of the sea

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Neil Jung » 11 Jun 2020, 19:26

Locked In is generally thought to be a real low point whilst New England is thought a high point. I’m surprised you weren’t impressed C.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 11 Jun 2020, 20:57

Neil Jung wrote:Locked In is generally thought to be a real low point whilst New England is thought a high point. I’m surprised you weren’t impressed C.


Agreed -I have tried with the latter many times over the years my learned friend

Clearly it is falling on cloth-ears.

My loss








NP

Image






.








.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7329
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Jun 2020, 21:18

A fine album, the 1st I heard from IQ. I wasn’t too enamoured with Peter Nicholls’ voice to start with but he has grown on me, and an excellent front man with a relaxed and witty manner about him.

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7329
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Jun 2020, 21:53

Can’t say this is one of his best but there’s never a dud from Mike Scott.

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7329
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Jun 2020, 22:01

Yesterday.... 2 excellent albums from Sweden.

Image

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 10:39

NP

Image

My second favourite AC/DC album






.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5746
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 12 Jun 2020, 11:03

Image


Psych/prog.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 13:41

robertff wrote:Image


Psych/prog.


.


I haven't played this for years - I must dig it out

My recollection is that it is not great....





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5746
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 12 Jun 2020, 14:01

C wrote:
robertff wrote:Image


Psych/prog.


.


I haven't played this for years - I must dig it out

My recollection is that it is not great....
.



Parts of it are okay but there is one very, very long track that is extremely repetitive (a side and a half long) that tests the staying power of the listener.


.

User avatar
Good Night Dallas, Texas
Posts: 918
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 01:02

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Good Night Dallas, Texas » 12 Jun 2020, 14:55

C wrote:NP

Image

My second favourite AC/DC album






.


I've always liked this album a lot but i wouldn't go that far

Maybe my second favourite Brian Johnson era AC/DC album.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 18:10

Good Night Dallas, Texas wrote:
C wrote:NP

Image

My second favourite AC/DC album






.


I've always liked this album a lot but i wouldn't go that far

Maybe my second favourite Brian Johnson era AC/DC album.


Interesting point, well made

What are your top 2 AC/DC albums then

1. Highway to Hell
2.






.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7329
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

That’s interesting - I asked on a different portal yesterday....

“Although I have of course heard plenty on the radio over the decades I have never ever played anything by AC/DC.

What would be a good album to try?”

Now I know. :D

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7329
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jun 2020, 21:47

Got through the entire box today.

Image

And then

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 22:06

NP

Robust stuff!

Image




.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2020, 22:07

Lord Rother wrote:Got through the entire box today.

Image



Nice Bob - that's a lot of Fishermen






.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Good Night Dallas, Texas
Posts: 918
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 01:02

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Good Night Dallas, Texas » 12 Jun 2020, 22:16

C wrote:
What are your top 2 AC/DC albums then

1. Highway to Hell
2.






.


Back In Black, not a left field choice but you can't argue that it is a perfect rock album.

Powerage in 3rd

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10179
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 12 Jun 2020, 23:51

And straight in at No. 4 ..... " Why do they exist ? "

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57289
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 13 Jun 2020, 09:04

Good Night Dallas, Texas wrote:
C wrote:
What are your top 2 AC/DC albums then

1. Highway to Hell
2.






.


Back In Black, not a left field choice but you can't argue that it is a perfect rock album.


Back in Black is my favourite

Full of music





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5746
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 13 Jun 2020, 10:51

C wrote:
Good Night Dallas, Texas wrote:
C wrote:
What are your top 2 AC/DC albums then

1. Highway to Hell
2.






.


Back In Black, not a left field choice but you can't argue that it is a perfect rock album.


Back in Black is my favourite

Full of music
.




Prefer the Bon Scott albums, not over keen on BJ's voice.


.