REAP CORNER

Do talk back

robertff

Re: PG1: Lord Rother, pb, never/ever, slightbreeze, trans chigley express, robertff, ConnyOlivetti, Hightea, kath, Snarf

Postby robertff » 24 Dec 2019, 16:39

C wrote:NP

I love this - one of my favourite albums of all time

Agreed a very good album, I liked Hysteria as well.

C
Robust

Re: PG1: Lord Rother, pb, never/ever, slightbreeze, trans chigley express, robertff, ConnyOlivetti, Hightea, kath, Snarf

Postby C » 24 Dec 2019, 16:55

Apparently, this was posted on the 'Prog' thread over on the other place

Have a good one fellow prog goons - Merry Christmas - I hope it is robust and progtastic!

Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Dec 2019, 17:29

This afternoon....

It’s quite nice I suppose, but not a patch on Hounds of Love and Sesnsual World.

But then I’m not much a fan tbh.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Dec 2019, 07:04

Happy Christmas!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Dec 2019, 09:40

Merry Christmas to all the progladelics!

It’s the time of year when we give thanks to mighty Lord C and all the wonderful musical gifts he has bestowed upon us.

King Crimson be thy name.

;)

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 Dec 2019, 13:13

Yep, Merry Christmas to one and all who frequent this thread. (The rest can do one.) ;)

One of the best new releases of 2019.

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 25 Dec 2019, 17:08

Lord Rother wrote:Hmm, I might do. Better get my act together. Do we know who’s in the band for this tour?

I’m not sure even Steven Wilson knows who will be in the band! I’d like Guthrie Govan on guitar and Craig Blundell on drums, but expect he’ll have different players. I’m sure it’ll be spectacular.

There are still reasonable tickets available on axs.com
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 Dec 2019, 17:35

Guthrie Govan would be great, Gavin Harrison edges it for me but Craig Blundell is excellent too.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 25 Dec 2019, 18:25

Done pressies, turkey, Xmas pud, Merlot, after dinner cards with the family, time for some music...

NP - Another good one from 2019.

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Dec 2019, 19:20

IT ROCKS!!

Deebank wrote:

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Dec 2019, 20:20

Broad church

A corker!

Deebank wrote:

robertff

Postby robertff » 27 Dec 2019, 13:42

Another one of those lovely little sets.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 27 Dec 2019, 20:32

robertff wrote:Image

Another one of those lovely little sets.

Indeed, although I'm not familiar with Unicorn. Always thought Brinsley were vastly underrated

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby LMG » 28 Dec 2019, 19:47

C wrote:Now playing Tangerine Dream Live from Rainbow (part of the big box set In Search of Hades)

ooof! squared!

The individual albums were also released in remastered/remixed form with bonus tracks as they appear in the big box. Fopp have them for a fiver and amazon around six quid.

I got my favourites today and am just playing Phaedra on CD. Already had the Live From The Rainbow 1974 set from the box played via Spotify.

Magical stuff!
And now for an update on today's Shitty Brexit News...

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 28 Dec 2019, 19:56

slightbreeze wrote:Indeed, although I'm not familiar with Unicorn. Always thought Brinsley were vastly underrated

Unicorn were 'discovered' by the Floyd's David Gilmour playing at a wedding reception. He invited them to record some demos in his studio and helped them get a deal on Harvest/Charisma/Capitol.

Gilmour played pedal steel guitar on several of the Unnicorn albums, recorded a cover of their song 'There's No Way Out Of Here' on his debut solo album, and used them as backing musicians for early Kate Bush demos.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/orphans-part-1/unicorn/
And now for an update on today's Shitty Brexit News...

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 28 Dec 2019, 21:43

LMG wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:Indeed, although I'm not familiar with Unicorn. Always thought Brinsley were vastly underrated

Unicorn were 'discovered' by the Floyd's David Gilmour playing at a wedding reception. He invited them to record some demos in his studio and helped them get a deal on Harvest/Charisma/Capitol.

Gilmour played pedal steel guitar on several of the Unnicorn albums, recorded a cover of their song 'There's No Way Out Of Here' on his debut solo album, and used them as backing musicians for early Kate Bush demos.

Thanks for that, but, are they any good?

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 28 Dec 2019, 21:43

LMG wrote:

Thanks for that, but, are they any good?

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Dec 2019, 21:56

Let’s see....

NP

Unicorn - Too Many Crooks

I’m about half way through the album and it’s rather nice actually but a million miles away from prog FWIW.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2019, 09:16

NP....Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder on blu-ray....part of The Later Years box set....

Been traveling through the live gigs first so far and as derivative as this version of Floyd has been, it is still big, powerful and magnificent.
Wish my dad was here to watch it with me...
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.