PROG CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 9894
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 23 Dec 2018, 23:55

C wrote:Image





.

So very good,......with Jon Anderson as well! How could it fail ? Well, if you were expecting swathes of mellotrons, forget it. If you want a band that was never afraid to push boundaries, this is for you.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6246
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Dec 2018, 16:57

Not very Christmassy but who gives a ff?

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6246
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Dec 2018, 17:59

New album from US band Presto Ballet.

Nothing startling but another decent release. They remind me a lot of Spock’s Beard, and are at least as good.

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 24 Dec 2018, 18:12

Lord Rother wrote:Not very Christmassy but who gives a ff?

Image


ooooooooof!





.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 9894
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 25 Dec 2018, 10:47

Image

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 4628
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 26 Dec 2018, 06:30

slightbreeze wrote:Image





Fantastic album.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 26 Dec 2018, 13:57

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:Image





Fantastic album.


.


ooof!









NP

Image






.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6246
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Dec 2018, 08:56

New one for me - US band Savatage and their 1998 release, The Wake Of Magellan.

Symphonic prog metal, not too ott, but a bit predictable. Nice guitar and piano in the quieter bits, not too heavy with the metal, reasonable vocals.... not a bad album at all but the lack of surprises counts againstit a bit.

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 28 Dec 2018, 17:57

ooooof!

Image





.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23857
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2018, 08:33

Image

Great summer night listening.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6246
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 29 Dec 2018, 10:38

Wouldn’t class myself as a particular fan of John Martyn (I didn’t even know his real name was Iain McGeachy until today) but this is nice (inspired by recommendations on another thread about the man’s music).

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 29 Dec 2018, 13:50

Lord Rother wrote:Wouldn’t class myself as a particular fan of John Martyn (I didn’t even know his real name was Iain McGeachy until today) but this is nice (inspired by recommendations on another thread about the man’s music).

Image


A superb album as is The Road to Ruin the other album made with his wife Bev





.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 9894
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 29 Dec 2018, 14:05

C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Wouldn’t class myself as a particular fan of John Martyn (I didn’t even know his real name was Iain McGeachy until today) but this is nice (inspired by recommendations on another thread about the man’s music).

Image


A superb album as is The Road to Ruin the other album made with his wife Bev





.


Pity that Beverley can't sing :(

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 29 Dec 2018, 15:33

slightbreeze wrote:
C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Wouldn’t class myself as a particular fan of John Martyn (I didn’t even know his real name was Iain McGeachy until today) but this is nice (inspired by recommendations on another thread about the man’s music).

Image


A superb album as is The Road to Ruin the other album made with his wife Bev





.


Pity that Beverley can't sing :(


Ouch!

She's no Maddy or Sandy but she does the job.








.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 9894
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 29 Dec 2018, 19:22

If she hadn't been his wife, she wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a recording studio :o

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23857
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2018, 19:25

I suppose that also could be said of Yoko.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 29 Dec 2018, 20:18

never/ever wrote:Image

Great summer night listening.


A delightful album





.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6246
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Dec 2018, 00:33

never/ever wrote:I suppose that also could be said of Yoko.


And Linda.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 51079
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 30 Dec 2018, 00:51

Lord Rother wrote:
never/ever wrote:I suppose that also could be said of Yoko.


And Linda.


McCartney or Thompson.....?





.
Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 4628
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 30 Dec 2018, 07:20

C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
never/ever wrote:I suppose that also could be said of Yoko.


And Linda.


McCartney or Thompson.....?


.



You jest - has to be McCartney, Thompson has got a good voice.


.