PROG CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6417
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby jimboo » 12 Oct 2017, 21:09

Image

I don't know if they or pyramid records are real lost classic seventies kosmische , it is fantastic.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9749
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 12 Oct 2017, 21:18

jimboo wrote:Image

I don't know if they or pyramid records are real lost classic seventies kosmische , it is fantastic.

Tell us more!
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6417
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby jimboo » 12 Oct 2017, 21:29

Supposed long lost limited edition releases on pyramid featuring 'kraut' legends performing for a genius producer. The tracks were originally released in plain covers and sold at art events etc , some remain lost , these are some of what remains. You can feel the likes of agitation free or ash ra on the tracks , I like it. You can hear it on spotify. You will dig it Conny x
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9749
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 13 Oct 2017, 08:21

jimboo wrote:Supposed long lost limited edition releases on pyramid featuring 'kraut' legends performing for a genius producer. The tracks were originally released in plain covers and sold at art events etc , some remain lost , these are some of what remains. You can feel the likes of agitation free or ash ra on the tracks , I like it. You can hear it on spotify. You will dig it Conny x


thanks! Sounds interesting for sure, will listen!
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Oct 2017, 11:54

Prog epics don’t come much better than this.


User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9749
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 15 Oct 2017, 10:20

Image
the remix from 2010 / robust stuff!
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6417
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby jimboo » 16 Oct 2017, 21:20

Currently playing the new magnum opus from our friend Conny , great use of samples , needs to be played in full. It really builds to a quite lovely ending. It is darker than earlier works (I like it when he goes all moody). I was still enjoying the last release , more of this style please Leif.

It arrived Saturday and I played it twice through the hi-fi , came alive more when I listened to it via headphones on Sunday night. Where did the voices come from?
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9749
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 17 Oct 2017, 06:57

jimboo wrote:Currently playing the new magnum opus from our friend Conny , great use of samples , needs to be played in full. It really builds to a quite lovely ending. It is darker than earlier works (I like it when he goes all moody). I was still enjoying the last release , more of this style please Leif.

It arrived Saturday and I played it twice through the hi-fi , came alive more when I listened to it via headphones on Sunday night. Where did the voices come from?


thanks! glad you like it!
Image
free download at Bandcamp
https://connyolivetti.bandcamp.com/albu ... uency-2017
The very first voice is an actual eyewitness regarding the Tunguska incident!
Vasily Vlasov.
The others are from Tarkovskijs film Stalker.
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Oct 2017, 09:31

What do you guys make of this?


User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 1724
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Purgatory Brite » 17 Oct 2017, 13:05

Image

Very strange!

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6417
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby jimboo » 17 Oct 2017, 19:19

Lord Rother wrote:What do you guys make of this?



What do you think of it? well known in krautrock circles. From memory it was ok , better German rock to be had.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 18 Oct 2017, 08:57

I “discovered” the album this year and rather like it.

Yes there’s better German rock but a hell of a lot that is worse.

The Genesis / Gabriel soundalike is impossible to ignore but personally, I just embraced it. Can imagine it would put some people off though.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Oct 2017, 09:43

One of the Anathema Cavanagh brothers has a new solo album.

Very much in the style of the band’s Weather Systems album but a little paired down. Very nice.

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Oct 2017, 17:02

Black Widow - Sacrifice

Image

First play for me - not bad.

User avatar
C.
Posts: 823
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 10:17
Location: ohm sweet ohm

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby C. » 19 Oct 2017, 20:50

NP

Image


Let's rock




.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 16742
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby trans-chigley express » 20 Oct 2017, 02:07

Lord Rother wrote:One of the Anathema Cavanagh brothers has a new solo album.

Very much in the style of the band’s Weather Systems album but a little paired down. Very nice.

Image


Jeez, that's a terrible cover, looks like a Mick Hucknall album. I'm a big fan of Weather Systems so would be interested in hearing this. I still haven't got round to buying the last Anathema album.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 16742
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby trans-chigley express » 20 Oct 2017, 02:10

C. wrote:NP

Image


Let's rock




.


Another terrible cover, but Sabbath are no strangers to bad cover art. How do you think it matches up against the other Dio albums? I've only heard it once and wasn't too impressed tbh.

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 1724
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Purgatory Brite » 23 Oct 2017, 20:24

Image

First play, sounds very good to me!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5524
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Oct 2017, 08:42

Good. No Beggsy this time is there?

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 1724
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER [1416 pages]

Postby Purgatory Brite » 24 Oct 2017, 20:35

Lord Rother wrote: No Beggsy this time is there?


That's right.