PROG CORNER [1415 pages]

Do talk back
User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5412
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Rother's Region [1401 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 06 May 2017, 15:23

Grimspound, played it a dozen or more times now and it's a prog masterpiece.

No 45 in the U.K. Albums Chart, No 11 in the Vinyl Chart and No 1 in the Rock and Metal Album Chart.

Brilliant news!

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47788
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Rother's Region [1401 pages]

Postby C » 06 May 2017, 16:16

NP

Avoid at one's peril

Yes, avoid at one's peril

Image








.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5412
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 06 May 2017, 17:00

Great track from a super album.


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47788
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby C » 06 May 2017, 18:14

Lord Rother wrote:Great track from a super album.



Yes, very robust





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C.
Posts: 816
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 10:17

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby C. » 06 May 2017, 21:43

NP

Image

I do enjoy a bit of jazz-funk on a Saturday night

Lovely jubbly



.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 15525
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby pcqgod » 06 May 2017, 22:02

Image
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5412
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 07 May 2017, 11:21

Only just seen that 41 yo Kevin Garcia bassist and co-founder of Grandaddy died as a result of a stroke last week. :cry:

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 2169
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 07 May 2017, 11:34

Image
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9644
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 08 May 2017, 18:36

NP
Image
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6257
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby jimboo » 08 May 2017, 18:52

ConnyOlivetti wrote:NP
Image



How is it ?
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 9644
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 08 May 2017, 18:57

jimboo wrote:
ConnyOlivetti wrote:NP
Image



How is it ?


On first track so far, sounds promising!
Very droonish so far.
I got the vinyl with CD included! Nice! :)
never/ever wrote:the BCB-universe...may it continue to piss Coan off ad infinitum.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5412
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 08 May 2017, 19:36

Kant Freud Kafka - "Onirico"

I really liked the debut album from a couple of years ago, and this is equally as good if not better. Spanish guy with helpers has put together another symphonic classical album that appeals greatly. IIRC the debut was fully instrumental although this one has some vocals.

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 47788
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby C » 08 May 2017, 21:13

NP ( a very robust album)


Image


oooooof!







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5412
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Lord Rother » 11 May 2017, 12:01

Neuschwanstein - "Battlement"

If you don't already know, you can probably guess, German band from the 70s. Bit of a Gabriel era Genesis / Fish era Marillion rip off but it's done so well it is well worth playing and is highly regarded from what I've read.

(Probably featured on here before but search doesn't show anything. Still, I guess it can't if the artist / album names weren't posted in the body.)

Image

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6257
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby jimboo » 11 May 2017, 13:12

Well known among the Krautrock goons , your taste is improving .
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
inside-out fox
hounds people off the board
Posts: 13247
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby inside-out fox » 11 May 2017, 13:19

Oh, he'll be back tomorrow saying the new Big Big Train single is the best thing he's ever heard or some such fucking nonsense - don't worry.
Jimbo wrote:You must read this along with the essay I posted and then keep wondering why America is so extreme.


Still Baron wrote:The essay that you posted was absolute nonsense and unworthy of further comment.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29563
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Goat Boy » 11 May 2017, 13:21

He's converted C.

We must be BCB vigilant
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
inside-out fox
hounds people off the board
Posts: 13247
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby inside-out fox » 11 May 2017, 13:30

Fill that Big Big Train up with goons and send it off somewhere where the sun don't shine!
Jimbo wrote:You must read this along with the essay I posted and then keep wondering why America is so extreme.


Still Baron wrote:The essay that you posted was absolute nonsense and unworthy of further comment.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29563
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby Goat Boy » 11 May 2017, 13:32

The thing is, every time he posts a clip I play it. I can't stop myself!
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
inside-out fox
hounds people off the board
Posts: 13247
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Rother's Region [1402 pages]

Postby inside-out fox » 11 May 2017, 13:42

:)

Me too.

Actually I can't actually summon up that much hatred for B** B** T**** - they're just dull.
Jimbo wrote:You must read this along with the essay I posted and then keep wondering why America is so extreme.


Still Baron wrote:The essay that you posted was absolute nonsense and unworthy of further comment.