PROG CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
Mick Taylor
Posts: 570
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 01:02
Location: derivative claptrap

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Mick Taylor » 11 Jun 2018, 12:01

NP

Image



.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 11 Jun 2018, 12:26

C wrote:NP

Image



.


C wrote:Image


.



Image

TRIPLE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!








.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby jimboo » 11 Jun 2018, 15:01

Great choices young C , Julian Cope is selling off his personal belongings on ebay at the moment , you get a certificate signed by the great man himself.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 11 Jun 2018, 16:40

jimboo wrote:Great choices young C , Julian Cope is selling off his personal belongings on ebay at the moment , you get a certificate signed by the great man himself.


Cheers jim-lad I'll check that out

What do I search?





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 11 Jun 2018, 19:25

NP

Image






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6046
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Jun 2018, 20:20

Image

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby jimboo » 12 Jun 2018, 08:49

C wrote:
jimboo wrote:Great choices young C , Julian Cope is selling off his personal belongings on ebay at the moment , you get a certificate signed by the great man himself.


Cheers jim-lad I'll check that out

What do I search?





.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Julian-Cope-Archive/
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22716
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby never/ever » 12 Jun 2018, 12:09

Jon Hiseman has died....rest in peace.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2018, 15:27

never/ever wrote:Jon Hiseman has died....rest in peace.


Oh dear oh dear.

A great drummer and one of my heroes

RIP Jon





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jun 2018, 20:50

NP

RIP Jon

Image





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6046
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jun 2018, 20:58

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 13 Jun 2018, 14:20

sloopjohnc wrote:Going to dinner tomorrow night to the place where they filmed this video.

Used to be a favorite of my mom and dad's.



Cool






.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6046
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 13 Jun 2018, 20:34

Simply the best.

Image

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby jimboo » 14 Jun 2018, 14:11

C wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Going to dinner tomorrow night to the place where they filmed this video.

Used to be a favorite of my mom and dad's.



Cool






.


Hope the food is better than the record.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 14 Jun 2018, 19:28

The first time I saw this album was October 1969 - I was at school and my class mate Raymond St John, the bloke who went on to co-write Sade's Smooth Operator, was walking down the corridor with the album under his arm

What was the album....?




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 4551
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 14 Jun 2018, 19:33

C wrote:The first time I saw this album was October 1969 - I was at school and my class mate Raymond St John, the bloke who went on to co-write Sade's Smooth Operator, was walking down the corridor with the album under his arm

What was the album....?


.




Trout Mask Replica?


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 14 Jun 2018, 19:43

robertff wrote:
C wrote:The first time I saw this album was October 1969 - I was at school and my class mate Raymond St John, the bloke who went on to co-write Sade's Smooth Operator, was walking down the corridor with the album under his arm

What was the album....?


.




Trout Mask Replica?


.


Very close Rob - Hot Rats





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6046
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Jun 2018, 13:59

Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day

Another project of Anthony Arjen Lucassen, the prolific Dutch prog metal maestro best known for the Ayreon project.

To be honest despite trying him on a number of occasions and admiring much of what he does, I just find the prog metal rock opera stuff a bit tedious and so drawn out.

This album is a little different and after a couple of plays is probably my favourite of his albums. Excellent vocals from Jasper Steverlinck (not come across him before).

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 49955
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 17 Jun 2018, 18:43

neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6581
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby John aka Josh » 17 Jun 2018, 20:08

For the second time today, the magnificent


Image






the sheer range of emotions it arouses, the inventiveness, juxtapositions - what an album. Thank you C.
Image