REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7328
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 29 Jun 2020, 21:19

Australian prog metal(ish) band Caligula’s Horse have a new album, “Rise Radiant”. I thought I had played their last album and wasn’t too impressed but Last FM shows a blank so maybe I’m mistaken.

Anyway I liked this enough to dig back.

Image

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 30 Jun 2020, 16:27

WP

Image

Not a huge fan of Alice but it does the trick every now and again.


NP

Image


Great debut album.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 01 Jul 2020, 16:16

WP


Image

Image


Image


NP


Image


Anyone see Love on the Glastonbury highlights over the weekend, just love Forever Changes.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2020, 17:38

NP

What a great record this is?

Sold to me personally by Richard Branson in the first Virgin Record shop above the shoe shop in Oxford Street

Image







.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2020, 20:07







.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 02 Jul 2020, 08:24

C wrote:NP

What a great record this is?

Sold to me personally by Richard Branson in the first Virgin Record shop above the shoe shop in Oxford Street

Image

.




They produced so many great albums and then along came the disappointing Streetwalkers, what went wrong?


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 02 Jul 2020, 11:32

It sometimes difficult to remember they were a four-piece!

The is seminally robustly magnificent:







.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 02 Jul 2020, 19:50

A bit of early Fairport this evening

Image

Then

Image

Delightful stuff






.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 02 Jul 2020, 19:58

C wrote:A bit of early Fairport this evening

Image

Then

Image

Delightful stuff


Not keen on the debut C?


.



.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 02 Jul 2020, 21:32

robertff wrote: just love Forever Changes.


.


A great album







NP [my fave]

Image








.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 02 Jul 2020, 21:33

robertff wrote:
C wrote:A bit of early Fairport this evening

Image

Then

Image

Delightful stuff


Not keen on the debut C?


.



.


Yes - I enjoy them both

L&L and FH are my fave brace - I prefer them when the Swarb was around full time





.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » Yesterday, 14:19

Image


Saw this lot live in '68 I think it was. Must be one of the loudest bands I ever heard, couldn't hear properly for three or four days afterwards. Didn't help that I was right infant of the lead guitarist's speaker.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » Yesterday, 17:04

WP


Image


Great album - they brought something new to the arena - innovative.


NP


Image


Another great album - they also brought something new to the arena.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » Yesterday, 17:07

robertff wrote:
They produced so many great albums and then along came the disappointing Streetwalkers, what went wrong?


.


Exactly Rob.

Very disappointing



.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
Good Night Dallas, Texas
Posts: 917
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 01:02

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Good Night Dallas, Texas » Yesterday, 17:10

robertff wrote:

Image


.


Maybe not regarded as their best or even a proper album but it's my favourite of theirs.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » Yesterday, 19:28

Good Night Dallas, Texas wrote:
robertff wrote:

Image


.


Maybe not regarded as their best or even a proper album but it's my favourite of theirs.




It is a really great album.

.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57215
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » Yesterday, 20:19

Rob et alia - why don't you join us for Jorma this evening @ 9pm?

Image







.
John aka Josh wrote:... not enough cowbell.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5715
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » Today, 08:02

C wrote:Rob et alia - why don't you join us for Jorma this evening @ 9pm?

Image







.



Sorry C.


.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7328
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 47 minutes ago

Not their best but still a fine album.

Looking forward to the new release this wee.

Abel Ganz - The Danger Of Strangers

Image