REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10254
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 09 Sep 2019, 12:54

C wrote:Image





.


brilliant second album after the comeback album "Rien"
fav track, "Men From The Moon"
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 09 Sep 2019, 13:41

robertff wrote:Image


Never tire of this, did they ever better it - I don't think so, not even with Young on board.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 09 Sep 2019, 13:42

Image



.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 09 Sep 2019, 17:37

robertff wrote:Image



.

Robust stuff!








NP
Image






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 09 Sep 2019, 17:38

robertff wrote:Image



.

Robust stuff!








NP
Image






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 10 Sep 2019, 10:42

Image



.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7104
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Sep 2019, 19:08

Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of Indian prog bands over the years but here’s one from Bangalore. Impressive debut album.

Coma Rossi - s/t


Image


User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7104
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Sep 2019, 19:31

My goodness - this sends me. Guitars by Steve Hackett and Guthrie Govan.

Nad Sylvan - What Have You Done


User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7104
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Sep 2019, 19:36

Love this.

Vocals by Viv McAuliffe and Phil Collins (but you know that).


User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 12 Sep 2019, 19:06

Image



Haven't played this for a while.


.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 13 Sep 2019, 09:20

Lord Rother wrote:My goodness - this sends me. Guitars by Steve Hackett and Guthrie Govan.

Nad Sylvan - What Have You Done


Nice.

Very nice



















.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 13 Sep 2019, 20:38

NP

Image





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7104
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Sep 2019, 10:23

Neverness - The Measure of Time

Spanish prog band with 5 albums, the most recent in 2014, this one from 2009. Sung in English, heavy King Crimson influence but more symphonic overall, nice playing, acceptable vocals, 6 tracks in 60 mins.

Enjoyable.

Image

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 14 Sep 2019, 10:58

NP

Image

From 1986, probably their last truly seminally robust studio album...?

I think so

It's a corker





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 14 Sep 2019, 11:01

C wrote:NP

Image

.



Very good album.


.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 8157
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby John aka Josh » 14 Sep 2019, 21:12

Image




Having enjoyed last night's PSL & my first exposure to Atomic Rooster tried this earlier this evening. Unfortunately I had to curtail the listen with two songs to go but found it good enough to be returning back to it, starting from the beginning. The guitar changes the sound significantly from the debut but there's still plenty of room for the organ and other keyboards. Some great interplay between the musicians, and no flashy noodling for the sake of it.
Image

User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 14 Sep 2019, 21:31

John aka Josh wrote:Image




Having enjoyed last night's PSL & my first exposure to Atomic Rooster tried this earlier this evening. Unfortunately I had to curtail the listen with two songs to go but found it good enough to be returning back to it, starting from the beginning. The guitar changes the sound significantly from the debut but there's still plenty of room for the organ and other keyboards. Some great interplay between the musicians, and no flashy noodling for the sake of it.


It's a corker and it grows.

JJ, perhaps when ready try the next one...

Image

John had dropped the 'Du' by that stage....

Reap loved this:









.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7104
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Sep 2019, 13:50


User avatar
Carlsson
Robust
Posts: 54924
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Carlsson » 17 Sep 2019, 16:36

Lord Rother wrote:


Robust stuff!

Said platter is on the PSL list - watch this space!

Interestingly, Lee is wearing the same jacket as on the LP cover:

Image














NP

I adore this album

Image






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 5331
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby robertff » 17 Sep 2019, 16:58

WP

Image


NP

Image


.