PROG CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
Good Night Dallas, Texas
Posts: 676
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 01:02

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Good Night Dallas, Texas » 08 Sep 2018, 21:33

C wrote:Image




.


I adore this album

Their best?

I think so

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17632
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby pcqgod » 11 Sep 2018, 03:12

Image

Epic 70's hard rock with jaw-dropping, tight twin lead guitar work. Should have been huge.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Sep 2018, 09:34

pcqgod wrote:Image

Epic 70's hard rock with jaw-dropping, tight twin lead guitar work. Should have been huge.


Played that last night - thumbs up from me!

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2599
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Purgatory Brite » 12 Sep 2018, 19:12

Image

A long forgotten Prog Rock band originating from Gravesend, Kent.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Sep 2018, 19:37

Any good?

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2599
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Purgatory Brite » 12 Sep 2018, 22:20

Lord Rother wrote:Any good?


Yes, there's some solid tracks in the symphonic prog rock style. The album brings together tracks from an unreleased album with other rare tracks. The latter see the band moving away from prog towards a more heavy rock sound. Fantasy are one of those many bands who fell by the wayside due their record company's indifference and lack of support. It's worth hearing but not an essential album to track down and buy.

User avatar
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage
Posts: 10211
Joined: 06 Nov 2003, 07:14
Location: Below The North Pole
Contact:

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 13 Sep 2018, 13:40

Image

Having a Phantom Levers binge.
Really good!
Hard to describe, but think of Faust, Can (studio trickery jam style)
and The Residents, and you get close.
https://phantomlevers.bandcamp.com/album/hovercraft

https://phantomlevers.bandcamp.com/
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.


Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52567
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 13 Sep 2018, 16:41

Image

Soft Heap was a Canterbury scene supergroup founded in 1978.
The name references Soft Machine while "Heap" comes from the first letters of the band's founders: Hugh Hopper (bass), Elton Dean (saxophone), Alan Gowen (keyboards) and Pip Pyle (drums). Hopper and Dean had worked together in Soft Machine, while Gowen and Pyle had worked together in National Health








.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 13 Sep 2018, 17:15

Purgatory Brite wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Any good?


Yes, there's some solid tracks in the symphonic prog rock style. The album brings together tracks from an unreleased album with other rare tracks. The latter see the band moving away from prog towards a more heavy rock sound. Fantasy are one of those many bands who fell by the wayside due their record company's indifference and lack of support. It's worth hearing but not an essential album to track down and buy.


Thanks. Will give that a go.

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2599
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Purgatory Brite » 14 Sep 2018, 11:20

Image

A fine live set by the jazz-rock maestros.

User avatar
ever/never
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19766
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby ever/never » 14 Sep 2018, 12:29

I think there's something very seriously wrong with you.

User avatar
Preludin
Posts: 907
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 10:17
Location: Modern PROG hell

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Preludin » 14 Sep 2018, 17:32

NP

Image





.
Don't even THINK of using a left handed coordinate system

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17219
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby clive gash » 14 Sep 2018, 17:42

^^^^^You’re a good man PROG.

Contains this



Although the cognoscenti prefer this version



All kinds of robust.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52567
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 14 Sep 2018, 21:49

Prog Synch Listen - next Friday (21/9)

Image





.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Sep 2018, 22:09

IQ day today. Guess I’ll be seeing them in December again.

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Sep 2018, 22:19

Purgatory Brite wrote:Image

A long forgotten Prog Rock band originating from Gravesend, Kent.


Not bad at all. Thanks, will play that again soon. (Very short though.... Don’t think I’ve played a prog album under 40 mins before!)

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 52567
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby C » 14 Sep 2018, 22:31

Lord Rother wrote: Don’t think I’ve played a prog album under 40 mins before!)


You obviously haven't played a GG album - they are all under 40 minutes!






.
kath wrote:ooooooooof

John aka Josh wrote:oodles of oofness

never/ever wrote:Oooooooofffff!

slightbreeze wrote:Oooof, ooooof, oooof!

GoogaMooga wrote: ooof x 10

toomanyhatz wrote:oofness is required

joels344 wrote:lots and lots of oooooooof

Hightea wrote:(oooofa)! = (oooofa)(oooofa-1)(oooofa-2)(oooofa-3)...x3x2x1

Matt Wilson wrote:Oooof!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6654
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Sep 2018, 23:12

8-)

Blackfeather - At The Mountains of Madness

Can’t remember where I saw a recommendation for this Australian band from the early 70s but having played it a couple of times this week I can agree with whoever said whatever.

Pretty heavy at times possibly in the realms of Deep Purple.... worth a look.

Image

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17632
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby pcqgod » 15 Sep 2018, 02:40

Lord Rother wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Image

Epic 70's hard rock with jaw-dropping, tight twin lead guitar work. Should have been huge.


Played that last night - thumbs up from me!


Good lad.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2040
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby Hightea » 15 Sep 2018, 03:24