how important is it to you?

Do talk back
Balboa

Re: how important is it to you?

Postby Balboa » 01 Aug 2009, 15:27

Nick wrote:
I've had blockages of wax on and off in my right ear for about two months or more, and for the last four weeks it's been completely blocked up, solid. It's like it being constantly underwater. I've tried using warm almond oil to soften it up and that hasn't shifted it, and I've been to the doctor twice and they advised me to try Otex and Earex, which I've used for two weeks and still no joy.

It's REALLY fucking me off, as it's like being almost completely deaf in one ear, but I also have really bad tinnitus in it too which never goes away. When I get home on monday I'm goingg to make an appointment to go and get it looked at again, and maybe get it syringed as a last resort, because I can't go on with this. On top of everything else it's just one more thing driving me up the fecking walls.

:evil:

Just get it syringed - it takes a minute or so to do and is a really standard procedure. I don't know why your doctor hasn't done this already.
Of course, I was mostly stoned at the time.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 01 Aug 2009, 15:51

Balboa wrote:
Nick wrote:
I've had blockages of wax on and off in my right ear for about two months or more, and for the last four weeks it's been completely blocked up, solid. It's like it being constantly underwater. I've tried using warm almond oil to soften it up and that hasn't shifted it, and I've been to the doctor twice and they advised me to try Otex and Earex, which I've used for two weeks and still no joy.

It's REALLY fucking me off, as it's like being almost completely deaf in one ear, but I also have really bad tinnitus in it too which never goes away. When I get home on monday I'm goingg to make an appointment to go and get it looked at again, and maybe get it syringed as a last resort, because I can't go on with this. On top of everything else it's just one more thing driving me up the fecking walls.

:evil:

Just get it syringed - it takes a minute or so to do and is a really standard procedure. I don't know why your doctor hasn't done this already.

Definitely the way to go. I have mine done by the nurse at out health centre every couple of years, or so.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 20 Jan 2018, 00:17

Bungo the Mungo wrote:
Dr Modernist wrote:I remember hearing quite ordinary things and they sounded fantastic simply because I'd gone a month or whatever without hearing any pop music at all.

Yes! It's interesting how that works, it's a bit like sex :oops:

WHAT a NAUGHTY BOY!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Jan 2018, 01:35

Well, not much has changed in nearly ten years!
I'm going out to guitar practice and I was playing a couple of new CDs and I was so excited to hear one of them I nearly buckled over and fainted!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 20 Jan 2018, 01:42

It's as essential to my feeling of well-being and happiness as food, and i'm not really exaggerating. If I can't listen to music regularly, I get antsy, grumpy and sad.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Jan 2018, 07:22

I love it still, but it doesn't consume me like it did back then.

I read Patrick Leigh Fermor's treatise on silence a couple of years ago after he had spent months living in a monastery - and to me that's just as important as music itself now.

Living with someone changes these habits irrevocably too.

Nuts

Postby Nuts » 20 Jan 2018, 11:03

Silence - schmilence
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Jan 2018, 12:41

It's pretty much an all consuming hobby. There's little in life that gives as much pleasure as revisiting an old favourite, or discovering something new. And little as disappointing as seeing another Beatles discussion.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Yakety Yak”