Stereolab RIP

Do talk back
Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit

Re: Stereolab RIP

Postby Shagger Dave » 04 Apr 2009, 02:42

Well, at least they are bowing out before the quality level takes a big dip. I love this band, and I like baron, enjoy their more full tilt Neu/VU drives, but I've always enjoyed whatever they did. Live (I saw them four times) they were always amazing. Transcendent you might say.
He tries.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 04 Apr 2009, 02:45

My point about the old stuff is that on the last tour it was all good, but that was what really stood out.
I like it all, myself. They were one of my -- probably -- five favorite bands for the last 15 or 20 years or whatever. I guess I was lucky to see them as many times as I did. They were always great.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Apr 2009, 07:45

Taco Baron wrote:My point about the old stuff is that on the last tour it was all good, but that was what really stood out.
I like it all, myself. They were one of my -- probably -- five favorite bands for the last 15 or 20 years or whatever. I guess I was lucky to see them as many times as I did. They were always great.

Yeah, totally relentless live. They sort of took our friends' band (Dymaxion) under their wing and had them on the bill when they played here so I got to see three or four shows and crash the backstage parties.

Dymaxion never got paid much considering these were sold-out shows at Irving Plaza, but that was beyond Sterolab's purview.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

lividlunch

Postby lividlunch » 04 Apr 2009, 15:08

While we're praising Stereolab, does anyone else have the DVD that came with Oscillons from the Anti-Sun? That has some great live stuff on it, as well as a few fantastic music videos...

Return to “Yakety Yak”