IV

Do talk back
dang65

Re: IV

Postby dang65 » 20 Feb 2009, 11:59

In the film It Might Get Loud, Jimmy Page goes back to Headley Grange and explains how the Levee drums were recorded and shows exactly where it was done. The clip was on YouTube recently, but I can't find it now. Looking forward to seeing that when it finally gets released. No idea why they're dragging it out so long. The premiere was in September last year.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Feb 2009, 12:05

dang65 wrote:In the film It Might Get Loud, Jimmy Page goes back to Headley Grange and explains how the Levee drums were recorded and shows exactly where it was done. The clip was on YouTube recently, but I can't find it now. Looking forward to seeing that when it finally gets released. No idea why they're dragging it out so long. The premiere was in September last year.

That's the one with Jack White and The Edge, right? Looks like an interesting film.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Feb 2009, 12:08

Sorry to come back.............but I'm playing IV now. The thing that really strikes me is just how perfect the sequencing of the album is - the impact of tracks is accentuated by their predecessors, and the album flows beautifully, from start to finish.

In this day and age, the tracklisting would probably be:

1. Stairway To Heaven
2. Rock And Roll
3. Black Dog
4. Misty Mountain Hop
5. When The Levee Breaks
6. Going To California
7. The Battle Of Evermore
8. Four Sticks.

:roll:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine